ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 getting ready for summer

An orange one
A quick dust off, MOT is booked and some tax required and it's back on the road for hopefully some nice sunny weather this year! I'd like to beat the 525 miles it managed last year :eek: Oh and finally fit my plain plates and ditch the stupid squint ones

354EADE8-02A2-4AB4-B734-1E937FC05C19-110-0000000081ED0184_zps1ca023dd.jpg

C723216C-AD39-485F-8BBE-3B2FFD7DBB8D-110-00000000E340E241_zps95bd39e2.jpg

761433BF-35B0-4184-B4CC-0A8B9F2ABEA7-110-00000000B840C2E6_zps551140e0.jpg

3D1BE84F-6303-4E7C-8A36-16250B74259C-110-0000000099B0582E_zpse3cc2931.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
Stunning - more pics please!

Whats the spec Colin? I'm guessing it's standard? How many miles?

An orange one
Cheers russ, there's a ton of pics on here of it...

Its got a janspeed rear box and link pipes, removing the collector box and secondary cats

Its got a PiperX Viper with alloy ducting, sounds insane at the side pod lol

Custom retrim recaro pole positions with embroidery and matching side mounts mounted extra low

And a 197 steering wheel

Only thing I have left planned is some KW V3's

Petrol Blue 182.
I couldn't do only 500 miles in mine, the noise keeps me coming back! Looks lovely Colin. I Think I'm heading up for the Lakes meet this year, so I hope to see you at that.

An orange one
The filter, all ducting was custom made

04937CDB-3DF0-4FD1-BAA2-92B6EF7BAC19-8031-000005791D1E1C2E.jpg

The seats / interior, all retrimmed in genuine recaro leather at Capital Seating

c304ad49.jpg

a74c2d9a.jpg

401c664e.jpg

aadb02e1.jpg

225 Cup & Williams
Can't believe you only done 525 miles last year. If I had a v6 I don't think I could stop driving it!

An orange one
I couldn't do only 500 miles in mine, the noise keeps me coming back! Looks lovely Colin. I Think I'm heading up for the Lakes meet this year, so I hope to see you at that.

Yeah mate it should be an epic weeknd! Be good to meet you! To be honest, I couldn't drive it every day... Been there, done that with my last 2.. And if I'm brutally honest.. They are so flawed it would end up annoying me, but that's also why I love the damn thing haha

An orange one
Awesome Colin.

How have you found the standard belt with the PP's? (A la GT3 style)

Hi mate it works perfectly, they are the Pole Position with ABE which are designed specifically for 3 point belts,

I hate harnesses in road cars so never even considered it an option

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Jesus that's incredible! There's not many cars out there I'd take before that Clio! I WILL own one, one day

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It must break your heart opening your garage to this and an M135i.

Your wallets really going to be in pain if Cliotoby starts a thread about M5's... ;)

Hi mate it works perfectly, they are the Pole Position with ABE which are designed specifically for 3 point belts,

I hate harnesses in road cars so never even considered it an option

My thoughts exactly. ABE being? (Excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject!)

Last edited:
  An orange one
It must break your heart opening your garage to this and an M135i.

Your wallets really going to be in pain if Cliotoby starts a thread about M5's... ;)

I genuinely open the garage and feel massively proud and grateful for my collection :)

FLOL about cliotoby ;)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yeah mate it should be an epic weeknd! Be good to meet you! To be honest, I couldn't drive it every day... Been there, done that with my last 2.. And if I'm brutally honest.. They are so flawed it would end up annoying me, but that's also why I love the damn thing haha

How are they flawed?

i thought the only vee I'd ever want to own would be ly but yours is incredible! I'd love to have It :D

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Stunning colin and even more so with fresh plates.

I suggest a meet at Colins, looks like plenty room ;)

An orange one
How are they flawed?

i thought the only vee I'd ever want to own would be ly but yours is incredible! I'd love to have It :D

I find the car is my enjoyable when I'm in the mood for its unique feel, the floaty front end, you can't throw it around, it's definately slow in, let the weight settle at the back end as you add power through the corner..

Going to treat it to a full alignment at revolution over at Gateshead as I feel it wld benefit from this, and also new discs and lads all round

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I find the car is my enjoyable when I'm in the mood for its unique feel, the floaty front end, you can't throw it around, it's definately slow in, let the weight settle at the back end as you add power through the corner..

Going to treat it to a full alignment at revolution over at Gateshead as I feel it wld benefit from this, and also new discs and lads all round

I'll have to bare that in mind as I'm yet to drive one :(

Youre over Newcastle way quite frequently aren't you, do you work there or just like going over lol?

An orange one
I'll have to bare that in mind as I'm yet to drive one :(

Youre over Newcastle way quite frequently aren't you, do you work there or just like going over lol?

I remember getting my mk1 Vee back in 2006, I came from a 172 cup and after about a week started to think oh what have I done... But then you gel with it, learn its quirks bit by bit.. And they get under your skin big time, hence why this is my third now and for keeps!

Yeah I'm regularly over there for shopping, car stuff or gigs, sometimes a night out too... It's only an hour away and there is precious little for any of that stuff around Carlisle :(

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I remember getting my mk1 Vee back in 2006, I came from a 172 cup and after about a week started to think oh what have I done... But then you gel with it, learn its quirks bit by bit.. And they get under your skin big time, hence why this is my third now and for keeps!

Yeah I'm regularly over there for shopping, car stuff or gigs, sometimes a night out too... It's only an hour away and there is precious little for any of that stuff around Carlisle :(

do you have any pics of your other two? Didnt realise you were on no. 3

lol I understand. Newcastle is one of the better places for days out in the north east. Just googled it, do you take the a69? That looks like an awesome road!

An orange one
Going back a bit

No plates as I was just about to fit my new private plate

IMG_0962.jpg

The black one

newpics1.jpg

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Stunning Colin, hopefully il see this in Carlisle on my travels during the summer

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Looking fresh as usual Col. Got mine back on the road yesterday, they are special little things. :)

An orange one
Cheers dawn, you still got the twingo?? What's this Vauxhall thing in your profile?? :S

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Does the Mk1 still exist mate? Did you do those mods yourself or buy it like that?