ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 Belts Service

Clio with a body kit
Well my car was due the cambelt change last April. The car had covered only 8,000 miles in that time but the 5 years had past so everytime I drove anywhere it was in the back of my mind.
Whilst the car was at s.g motorsports he was going to investigate my gearbox that had crunched a bit since buying the car but had gradually got worse. Unfortunately for me it had had it! Mainly because the bits I needed were unavailable to buy so he recommended that I got a box from Renault whilst exchanging mine.
image.jpeg

There was a long list of bits that got changed whilst the engine was out including the clutch, starter motor, water pump. He also gave it all a bit of a clean whilst out. Mot'd it and did the normal service.
I also decided last year to purchase a lightweight flywheel which is now fitted.
Anyway I thought I'd share a few pictures of what it all looks like as some of you may be interested.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Lastly he put on some wheel spacers for me. I was quite suprised how different the car looks just my adding 15mm to the rear and 5 to the front. I'll get some better pictures next time the cars out but this is one I have for now.
image.jpeg

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Well my car was due the cambelt change last April. The car had covered only 8,000 miles in that time but the 5 years had past so everytime I drove anywhere it was in the back of my mind.
Whilst the car was at s.g motorsports he was going to investigate my gearbox that had crunched a bit since buying the car but had gradually got worse. Unfortunately for me it had had it! Mainly because the bits I needed were unavailable to buy so he recommended that I got a box from Renault whilst exchanging mine.
View attachment 149893
There was a long list of bits that got changed whilst the engine was out including the clutch, starter motor, water pump. He also gave it all a bit of a clean whilst out. Mot'd it and did the normal service.
I also decided last year to purchase a lightweight flywheel which is now fitted.
Anyway I thought I'd share a few pictures of what it all looks like as some of you may be interested.
View attachment 149895 View attachment 149897 View attachment 149898 View attachment 149899 View attachment 149900
Lastly he put on some wheel spacers for me. I was quite suprised how different the car looks just my adding 15mm to the rear and 5 to the front. I'll get some better pictures next time the cars out but this is one I have for now.
View attachment 149901

:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

RB Clio 182
I best cost a bob or two.

They are worth spending the money on the with the prices they are selling for.

Nice car.

Clio with a body kit
I best cost a bob or two.

They are worth spending the money on the with the prices they are selling for.

Nice car.

It wasn't cheap but as I intend on keeping it a while it should be worth it. Shame I couldn't stretch to an exhaust as well. If the gearbox didn't need replacing I probably would have.

Nice!! Spacers look great!
It wasn't cheap but as I intend on keeping it a while it should be worth it. Shame I couldn't stretch to an exhaust as well. If the gearbox didn't need replacing I probably would have.
How much is an after market back box ? Mine let's it down, so I had it done in black. I do have a spare one though that might look fine polished up (I've never opened the parcel)

Clio with a body kit
Nice!! Spacers look great!

How much is an after market back box ? Mine let's it down, so I had it done in black. I do have a spare one though that might look fine polished up (I've never opened the parcel)
They do polish up good but not sure id have the patience! Iv got a spare as well and it suprised me how heavy they are!
I'm unsure about phase ones mate but the spike janspeed for the phase 2 is around £850 I think. I also made contact with orbisoud in France and they quoted €1300 and €1550 for their 2 box's. I was tempted but couldn't work out what they were like. A lot of people of cliov6passion seemed to mention droning but my French isn't all that good.

RB 182 FF
That's bloody lovely V6Dan! I love the colour! I feel your pain after just having a new exchange gearbox and clutch and a few other things on my 182... big bucks but worth spending! I've never had a nice feeling box since I've owned my car, makes it so enjoyable now.... That's a cracking V6 to be fair, very very nice!!

Lovely, thanks for sharing that with us matey.

I know how much that all would have cost you!! But it's worth it with these cars.

Shame about the gearbox though.

An orange one
Beautiful example and Scott doing a top job as usual!

It shouldn't need any expense for a good few years now :)

They do polish up good but not sure id have the patience! Iv got a spare as well and it suprised me how heavy they are!
I'm unsure about phase ones mate but the spike janspeed for the phase 2 is around £850 I think. I also made contact with orbisoud in France and they quoted €1300 and €1550 for their 2 box's. I was tempted but couldn't work out what they were like. A lot of people of cliov6passion seemed to mention droning but my French isn't all that good.
Cheers fella, as it doesn't actually need one I'll lay off getting one ;)

Clio with a body kit
That's bloody lovely V6Dan! I love the colour! I feel your pain after just having a new exchange gearbox and clutch and a few other things on my 182... big bucks but worth spending! I've never had a nice feeling box since I've owned my car, makes it so enjoyable now.... That's a cracking V6 to be fair, very very nice!!
Thanks!
There's a bit of a story to the colour which hopefully I'll get round to a thread about the car soon.
Glad your happy with your box. Iv only driven mine back from the garage (200 miles) but it felt great then.

RB 182 FF
I did wonder about the colour... I thought it was that one off technical grey that was built.... It's lovely anyhow, I'm intrigued with the story behind it...:smile::up:

RB 182 FF
Ahhhhhhh I see! It's gorgeous!! As is yours Colin!! Id be more than happy if you guys photo whored this thread..........:smile::up:

Clio with a body kit
Lovely, thanks for sharing that with us matey.

I know how much that all would have cost you!! But it's worth it with these cars.

Shame about the gearbox though.
No problem!
Costly yes but with man maths all the work carried out was free due to appreciation... Well that's what I tell the girlfriend.

Clio with a body kit
Beautiful example and Scott doing a top job as usual!

It shouldn't need any expense for a good few years now :smile:
Ha ha shouldn't need any... Although I still have the standard exhaust and suspension so there's options to spend if I like. Probably not this year tho!

RB 182 FF
V6Dan, I hate to break it to you but you indirectly gave me a stiffy posting those photos......:tongueout: That is a gorgeous car, I'm absolutely massively jealous but commend you on an awesome car! Is it the car that got the front end rebuilt from a smash? And if so was it you who did the work? Whoever made the decision to change the colour made the right one, possibly my favourite V6! I'd need bigger exhaust tips though, in my opinion Renault made them a bit pea shooter ish for such an epic car...... But that's just being picky.....:up:

Clio with a body kit
V6Dan, I hate to break it to you but you indirectly gave me a stiffy posting those photos......:tongueout: That is a gorgeous car, I'm absolutely massively jealous but commend you on an awesome car! Is it the car that got the front end rebuilt from a smash? And if so was it you who did the work? Whoever made the decision to change the colour made the right one, possibly my favourite V6! I'd need bigger exhaust tips though, in my opinion Renault made them a bit pea shooter ish for such an epic car...... But that's just being picky.....:up:
Ha ha sorry about that I guess!
Yes this car was a cat d when Steve bought it. He did the car up as a hobby and documented every step along the way on the v6 forum. As far as I can tell and anyone that has worked on the car has said he did a sterling job and didn't skimp anywhere.

Since Iv been in ownership the owner of the only factory sprayed technical grey vee has spoke up about his story and the only reason his was that colour was because he worked there and it went through the same line as the meganes which the colour is more commonly seen on.

Clio with a body kit
Those pics above are stunning Dan!
It wasn't too bad for a first attempt. When spring gets here I'll be out again trying to get some more!
Iv watched your spike janspeed exhaust videos a few times. Scott has said to me if I do buy one at a later date he will fit it for me while I wait.
My Illiad has got a custom stainless exhaust and although it sounds great when driving it spiritedly when on the motorway or traveling normally I much prefer the standard system. Is the spike exhaust much louder than standard at motorway speeds? Bearing in mind I normally have to travel a fair way to get to meets and shows!

An orange one
It wasn't too bad for a first attempt. When spring gets here I'll be out again trying to get some more!
Iv watched your spike janspeed exhaust videos a few times. Scott has said to me if I do buy one at a later date he will fit it for me while I wait.
My Illiad has got a custom stainless exhaust and although it sounds great when driving it spiritedly when on the motorway or traveling normally I much prefer the standard system. Is the spike exhaust much louder than standard at motorway speeds? Bearing in mind I normally have to travel a fair way to get to meets and shows!

Thats the beauty of it, its absolutely silent on motorway cruise, no louder than standard at all.

its like witchcraft the way they have made it loud on demand and yet silent on a cruise :)

RB 182 FF
Was Steve a qualified mechanic or just a very clever guy with the balls to have a crack at repairing it?! I'm very interested in that thread of repair work...! What was the original colour of the car and why did he choose technical grey?! Does a Cat D and a non original colour hinder the value at all or is it still fetching a premium do you think?!

Clio with a body kit
Was Steve a qualified mechanic or just a very clever guy with the balls to have a crack at repairing it?! I'm very interested in that thread of repair work...! What was the original colour of the car and why did he choose technical grey?! Does a Cat D and a non original colour hinder the value at all or is it still fetching a premium do you think?!
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/technical-grey-v6.641582/ Hopefully that link works. Charles the previous owner did a little wrote up. I'll try to get round to doing my own soon.

RB 182 FF
Just read the thread link, awesome..........!!! Was it only Cat D with that damage? I thought structural was a C at least... Anyway that's car p**n, it's a stunning colour, I've always had a massive love for Iceberg, but this is the next level!! I'd love to see this in the flesh...!

Clio with a body kit
Just read the thread link, awesome..........!!! Was it only Cat D with that damage? I thought structural was a C at least... Anyway that's car p**n, it's a stunning colour, I've always had a massive love for Iceberg, but this is the next level!! I'd love to see this in the flesh...!
image.jpeg

Perhaps it looked worse than it was. I'll make sure I tag you if and when I go into the history in more detail.

Well if your ever in Norfolk your more than welcome to come out for a spin! I get to a few shows throughout the year as well. 2 highlights being the cliosport festival and origine rs.

RB 182 FF
That's a very kind offer Dan thanks very much!!! Being in Mid Wales I rarely get anywhere but as it happens I'm working abroad from the first week of April til October and getting the ferry from Harwich to Amsterdam... It's gutting being abroad the best time of year when all the magic happens in Britain....I've missed all the Clio and Renaultsport meets......:confused: