ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6 airbox

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
I have one, gave me 1.2bhp on the rollers ;)
But it defiantly speeds up engine response!

172 cup, Impreza P1
Is your rolling road test not between a ph1 and ph2 airbox? Where does a v6 box come into it?

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Is your rolling road test not between a ph1 and ph2 airbox? Where does a v6 box come into it?

Ph1 and espace v6 airboxes are the same bar the cold air feeds, there is one big one of the espace, the ph1 has 2 smaller ones.

Ph1 and espace v6 airboxes are the same bar the cold air feeds, there is one big one of the espace, the ph1 has 2 smaller ones.

This.

They're worth it for the sound. I had 2 weeks back to standard airbox with my Yozza and it was boring, fitted it back over and it's such a nicer sound!

Oh yeah, the sound is good. But if you want sound, just take your CAF's off your standard box ;)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
IMO it felt more urgent at the higher end of the rev range, like it had more pull over the standard airbox. this was with a Samco elbow and K&N panel filter. sold it and moved back to standard airbox and filter and definitely felt different.

And before people say it was the placebo of the extra noise, I trialled loads of stuff to get rid of the inductions noise so I didn't sound like a chav in a 1.2 and bucket induction kit as I used my car for work