ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 255 alarm problems

The alarm seems to be going off more and more these days for no particular reason - the recall mode always pointing to the ultrasonics. Ive closed the air vents but it still goes off.

I seem to remember a few Vee owners having a similar problem. Can you adjust the sensitivity of the ultrasonics? Or is there another fix for this problem?

I had similar trouble with the alarm on the my Mk1 V6 (are they the same alarm?). I ended up taking it to the dealer & asking them the de sensitize it. Cost me 1 hours labour, but at least i could sleep & the neighbours didnt hate me anymore :oops:

Evo MR FQ300 & Clio V6

Depending on where I park I just make a point of switching off the ultrasonics (turn ignition on and off twice - alarm will beep 3 times instead of one) Mine was going off when big lorrys were driving past. Renault will desensitize it but for a cost! - Alarm will still go off if the doors are opened etc. just dont leave anything out on display.

Clio RS 172 Ph2

I have the same problem when parked on busy roads with passing lorries setting it off. I didnt know about the ignition on/off routine to turn off the ultrasonics, will have to try that! I have been just manually locking the car so as not to turn on the alarm!

I asked my local Renault dealer about it, and they said that the ultrasonics were not adjustable - mind you what they know about the vee could be written on a fag packet.

Clio V6 255

took mine in twice before renault finally admitted there was a problem, supposedly the ultrasonics were wired back to front??

Tell them there IS something wrong and that you will keep bringing it back until they find it!

Quote: Originally posted by Zydered on 21 June 2005
took mine in twice before renault finally admitted there was a problem, supposedly the ultrasonics were wired back to front??Tell them there IS something wrong and that you will keep bringing it back until they find it!

Wired back to front?!! Nice one Mr.CrazyFrog!! So, is it feasible/possible to re-wire them?!

Evo MR FQ300 & Clio V6

Some car alarms have a little pot that can be screwed in or out and that adjusts the ultrasonics but Renault told me the "brain needed to be interogated and adjusted" - sounded impresive but I asked them to explain and they confussed themselves. I think the cars body shape means it can catch the wind especially after a lorry has gone past the airducts would act like an open window. Also noise can set them off - at the weekend we had thunder and it went off - may have been noise or the after rumble that shook the car. Either way if you do the ignition thing you will have peace. Not sure about the Mk2 but in my Williams it had a cobra alarm fitted as standard and the ultrasonics were not adjustable.