ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V16DAF's Cup - RS2'd/B14/Wilwood/2118

Astra gsi turbo
what a great car you have built. have you decided what you are going to do about the steering rack. i have just removed my subframe etc for paint and also planning a manual rack

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
what a great car you have built. have you decided what you are going to do about the steering rack. i have just removed my subframe etc for paint and also planning a manual rack

Thanks. After reading what people have commented on here I've decided to keep it as it is!

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Started stripping the interior today, one bolt that was holding the rear seat on was being a right t***. had to grind it off as it broke my torx!! Lol. Anyway photos of progress -

Before -
5771c59e-35ed-3d53.jpg

After -
5771c59e-3600-25c8.jpg

5771c59e-360c-7f9a.jpg

A bit to do again!!

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
The weight of the panels alone are shocking! There all in a dumpy bag now. It felt heavy to move! Not to mention the seats! Lol. I'm looking forward for the difference in acceleration!

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
are you putting new front seats in?

Also, how hard / how long did it take to remove the front seats?

Yes, pics of them a few posts back. Just the front seats is easy mate. 4 13mm bolts under the car per seat. Zapped em off then the seats are free. Just got a cable to disconnect after

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Loving the work dude :)

Have you got a weight you wana reach once done with all the stripping?

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Update time - Popped to Demon Tweeks yesterday to get some OMP subframes and sidemounts.

Fitted them today,only to find the sidemounts didnt match up to the holes on the subframes.

So I marked them all up and drilled new ones.

IMG_9934.jpg

Bolted them on to the seats - Fitted perfectly

IMG_9939.jpg

To deal with the subfarmes sitting slightly lower on the handbrake side, I used the old rubber covers that were on the old seat frame, seen below -

IMG_9938.jpg

They now sit perfect .............

IMG_9936.jpg

IMG_9935.jpg

IMG_9942.jpg

IMG_9941.jpg

I am considering drilling extra holes on the back of the sidemounts so I can get them to sit slightly lower.

Ohh, and the sanblaster texted today and the parts are ready to collect :approve:. Hopefully the car will be ready in a few weeks!!!!

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Got the parts back from the sandblaster today.... Gave it another coat of primer before I put the yellow on this week. Well the Mrs did the spraying... She is amazing at it! Lol.

2598e3c6-f9df-7415.jpg

2598e3c6-f9eb-2ffe.jpg

I'll take better photos when I get it all finished :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I had a right nightmare trying to get a happy medium with my Bimarco seat on omp frames, took hours, good luck

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Yeah they are not ideal!!! They could
make them better I'm sure! They feel ok at the moment. But need to sit slightly lower, more drilling I'm afraid! They should really make these more adjustable out of the box!

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Awesome progress, really starting to take shape :)

At last! Lol. Fred confirmed my B14's are on the way back :) plus Mrs is going to spray the bits yellow tonight.

Dead excited :) photos to follow later with a proper camera :)

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Update on spraying - First Yellow coat applied last night. It will need about 3 - 4 coats to finish off. You can see the proposed finished colour on the bottom picture. They are really starting to take shape now.....................

IMG_9957.jpg

IMG_9958.jpg

IMG_9959.jpg

IMG_9960.jpg

IMG_9961.jpg

IMG_9962.jpg

172 cup, Impreza P1
Why don't you disconnect the ARB from he sub frame for spraying.

Looking good by the way and how handy is that to have a spray painter for a girlfriend!

340i

Looking good by the way and how handy is that to have a spray painter for a girlfriend!

Just what I was thinking!? Strange one that.

Perfect time to replace the bushes too.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci

Been thinking of pulling it off to be honest. I don't want to put too much spray incase I can't get the powerflex bushes back on! Yeah she is really good at it! I think it will look good when done :)

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Axlecomplete.jpg

Rear axle built up and ready to be refitted :cool:. Cleaned up the calipers and sprayed them with black VHT. Also put new disks, bearings and pads on at the same time. Thanks to Tom from Wests :D.

I also rebuilt the subframe up ready for fitting.

Subframeandaxlereadytogo.jpg

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
560274_10151778253735562_572845561_24380939_168349573_n.jpg

Subframe fitted last night, wasnt as bad as I thought it would be! It's all coming back together now :approve: plus Bilstein have confirmed that my front shocks are on the way back! At last! lol. Plus I have ordered 20mm H & R hubcentric spacers from larkspeed to widen the front a little. Hopefully everything will be back on by next Wednesday, I will need a geo set up in tweeks to get everything aligned and add some camber up front :evil:

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Stripped apart the driveshafts yesteday, cleaned them all up and fitted new cv boots. Also sprayed them red to match the rocker cover.

DRIVESHAFTS.jpg

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Thought I'd post up a current spec of the car, charged up the battery on the camera again today, so should have some photos over the weekend. All that needs doing to the car is -
  1. Re fit front suspension
  2. Bleed the brake system
  3. Give it a damn good clean on the outside!
Engine & Gearbox
RS2 intake manifold in a red and blue colour scheme
Magnecor ignition leads in Blue
Red VHT painted rocker cover
Mocal oil catch tank
Uprated KTR engine and gearbox mounts
Yanoo short shift kit + stiff shift + brass bushes
KTR de-cat pipe
Scorpion cat back with Imola tail pipe
Prima racing exhaust mount
Re-mapped at RS Tuning in Leeds –Running 183.4 bhp and 155 FtLb of Torque
Suspension & Brakes & Running Gear
Bilstein B14 coilovers, rear adjuster removed
KTR solid top mounts
Eibach camber bolts
Fully painted Subframe and Rear axle
Wilwood 4 pot kit with 295mm disks
Braided brake pipes
Rear calipers brakes painted in VHT black
Powerflex bushes on ARB and Wishbones
Speedline 2118’s ET43 in white fitted with R888 medium compound tyres
TPI wheel bolts
Interior
Fully stripped – Apart from dash
Sabelt steering wheel
Bimarco Futuras bucket seats
OMP side mounts and sub frames
Sabelt 4 point harnesses in blue
Cup racer door handles

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Something that I have wanted for a long time has arrived today

A Whiteline rear ARB

Bought second hand from here with only a 1000 miles covered

Will pop it on and report back on the weekend!

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
283739_10151860702685562_2139944215_n.jpg
394758_10151860699505562_1365102791_n.jpg

ARB fitted last night, only thing that concerns me is that it touches the back box where the L shape clamp is. Anybody have any issues with this?

Phase 2 172 Sport
Wow. Just read through this whole thread from start to finish and to say im impressed is an understatement. Looks amazing :D.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Car is now insured with adrian flux, it was £445 fully comp. And like for like replacement for all mods. I was happy with that price given the list of modifications the car has. I was even more chuffed when I found a £50 off voucher in a magazine :). Car tax and I'm away

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
You need to take me for a ride in this once your done haha It
looks amazing! Great effort dude

The perfect RS Clio maybe?? And it's not one of them silly red Clios that people rave about! Lol