ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V Maxx Coilovers OR Eibach Sportlines & Whitline ARB?

No car
Ideally has anyone had both on their Clio? If so, which was better? Would it be easy enough to swap V Maxx Coilovers for Eibach Sportlines on CS or would it be better to sell the V Maxx coilies separately then buy new sportlines??
I'm currently running V Maxx Coilies on my 172 cup but fancy changing to standard or Sportlines.

Thanks

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
interested to here opinions on this too..Most people cant speak highly enough about the sportlines but the only drawaback for me is that they dont drop the car much at all..My cup sits very high as is.Dont want it slammed but a decent drop looks well

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Sportlines are great for road use, maintaining a decent level of comfort and great handling characteristics, far superior in my option than going for budget coilovers.
they are also pretty good on track aswell.

id be inclined to go for a set of them with the ARB for a decent compromise all round.

Looking for 182
I went from Sportlines > Ktec Coilovers > Ktec coilovers & ARB. I'm no expert, but the handling seems better with the coilovers and ARB, but that could just be placebo and the fact I don't really know much about this kind of thing. The ride quality is certainly worse as they're cheap coilovers, but if I'm driving ralatively quickly, it stays planted, so I couldn't really ask for more. I'm tempted to go back to the Sportlines & ARB but I'd need new shocks and as I'm selling the car in 5 months I can't be bothered.

172cup
handling is definitely better with coilovers if your willing to spend 1 cool grand on it
no ktec/vmaxx shyte will outhandle cup shocks+sportliness. fact.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
for handling i'd go sportlines and ARB, I currently have KTECS and they are comfy enough and good for the lows but I sense the handling is not brilliant

do have a whiteline to go on though and some standard cup suspension in the shed I may add sportlines to when funds allow and report back :)

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I went from Sportlines > Ktec Coilovers > Ktec coilovers & ARB. I'm no expert, but the handling seems better with the coilovers and ARB, but that could just be placebo and the fact I don't really know much about this kind of thing. The ride quality is certainly worse as they're cheap coilovers, but if I'm driving ralatively quickly, it stays planted, so I couldn't really ask for more. I'm tempted to go back to the Sportlines & ARB but I'd need new shocks and as I'm selling the car in 5 months I can't be bothered.
I've done the exact same as this. Apart from a ARM, which I will be buying soon.