ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v. loud (gearbox) roar

after i hit the kerb in the ice with the o/s wheel, i have had work done (see discussion post) to fix the suspension and alighnment (lower arm, bushes, wheel bearing) but have a loud rumble/groan that rises with road speed. It gets worse when you back off the throttle, and when you turn a bend to the left the noise stops, and gets worse when you go right.

This leads me to think its a buggered diff? am i right? if so can you fix it or is it a new box time?

cheers people

More likely to be the CV joint, make sure they put the rubber gaitor back on it right with plenty of grease inside, with it being worse round one corner than the other that souns like a definite culprit...the CV joint will sound like a rumble if its shagged.

Either that or theyve put you a crap wheel bearing on... a mate of mine did the same thing took it in and they put an old wheel bearing on his by mistake... it came out sounding like the wheel was going to grind off...

no its a quality place, i got the bearing myself and saw the old one after the swap. I hadnt thought of the CV joint going though - would it be more likely to be the inmoard or outboard end?

the noise was there before the work was done so they wont have not put stuff back wrong.

Def dont think its the diff then?

cheers for your help mate