ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

uTorrent Help Please!!

M140i/Orange 182
ok, so ive just forwarded and opened a port, green light appears in u torrent, great i think, finally....but why wont my download speeds go above 30kb?? ive got a 8mb BT connection??!?!

any help guys..wot could i tweek?

Its all about the seeds. Most torrents will not go above 20kb Let alone 30 ;) People don't like to seed.

Leon Cupra R 225
sorry to hijack but mine is as slow as hell aswell, im on 8mb orange broadband.

I'd like to kno also what I can tweak when I open uTorrent

Only 'Tweaks' you can do are. Make sure the right ports are forwared (opened). And you have a good tracker, For that download.
Atm i'm downloading 2 things on there 2.4kb ;)

Its all about the seeds.

Yea, I know a download needs more of these than leechers. Just it's been well slow, even if a file has 300 seeds to 60 leechers... :S

But, out of 300 seeds how many have the whole download. Most could just be seeding the download as they go (like torrent does)
You can only realy tell how many good seeds there are when you connect to them and see how many you can connect to.

172beast

On Utorrent if you don't allow upload speeds of at least 12k (iirc) then it'll limit your download speeds, also fiddle about with max connections in settings. I use Utorrent and if the file is popular it'll max my 4 meg connection, set my upload limit to 20k and still browse the web fine.

Leon Cupra R 225
Yea, I know a download needs more of these than leechers. Just it's been well slow, even if a file has 300 seeds to 60 leechers... :S

But, out of 300 seeds how many have the whole download. Most could just be seeding the download as they go (like torrent does)
You can only realy tell how many good seeds there are when you connect to them and see how many you can connect to.

Ah righteo, I've never really looked into this just hit the download lol :eek:

M140i/Orange 182
the seeds on this particular download keeps going up, currently 61, iam downloading lost S03 E01

Heres a screen shot of my Utorrent ATM:) I just leave mine on for weeks and weeks untill i get the file, Some times use IRC to get the last 4 of the RAR files.

Last edited:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
if u have wireless router u would need to adjuts settings, u can use shareaza or bittorrent

aswelu torrent kinda slow

if u have wireless router u would need to adjuts settings, u can use shareaza or bittorrent

aswelu torrent kinda slow

ummmm i beg to differ. The Torrent software will only be fast if it can connect to the seeds, Don't see how other software will connect to more seeds if there isn't any ?

M140i/Orange 182
wots the best up speed to have? should i limited it at all? its set at 0 (unlimited) atm.

Leon Cupra 300
i limit my upload to 11.... works fine.. ive had stuff donwload at all speeds depends how poplular it is

GW RS200
Mine always seem to start very slow but by about 75% through they usually fly - i regularly see 450k/sec. on my NTL 4mbit :)

S.