ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Using QD

D

deadonkey

Hi,

Ive got the Poorboys World spray and gloss QD and experimented with it yesterday in my weekly wash.

I washed the car then rinsed it, I then went round panel by panel spraying QD on and drying each panel with a MF.
Im finding it difficuilt to explain but it didnt really seem to work. I found it much better to totally dry the car and then QD it and buff off the QD with a new clean MF, the same as if the QD was a polish.

What am I supposed to be doing, all I want is to enhance the gloss slightly.

(Also I used Poorboys Slick and Suds for the first time after years of AG Shampoo. What a difference I was very pleased with it.)

106 GTi
I used to use a small spritz of QD to aid drying and follow up with a QD proper. By using QD on wet paint you will be watering it down so will not get the full effects off it. The only reason to use it on wet paint is to make drying slightly safer, but you will still need to QD again after.

Since getting the water filter I just let the car dry then QD.