ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Using Blank CD's

Clio 172 Phase 2
Hi
My clio's got a standard CD/Tuner set up currently, and as theres not a lot decent on the radio I burnt a CD on my computer from some other CD's I had lying around to do a sort of mix tape, but the CD won't work in my car. It works everywhere else fine, but when I try and play it in my car it comes up with 'ERROR' and bleeps at me. Does anyone know if the standard head units accept burnt CD's, or is it maybe down to the make of CD im using?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Are the files MP3? I'm not sure the standard units support MP3 playback.

If you burn it using Windows Media Player it will play fine. The standard unit doesn't play mp3s so if you've just dragged mp3 files onto the disk it won't work

Clio 172 Phase 2
Yeah they have been comverted to MP3 as I had them in my media player libary to go on my ipod. When I then went to burn them to the disc it said it converted them, however what it converted them to im unsure. I didn't drag and drop, I did it using windows media player, and slected 'Audio CD'?

Jap Box
Could be the brand of CD, I know for a fact I have a few discs from poundland that read fine on the PC but they either "error" when going to be used somewhere else or they play but the track numbers and lengths are all wrong and it starts tracks in a random order and about 3/4 of the way through the song.

Clio 172mk2
some cds dont reflect the lazer well enough. Different dye`s are used. Try another brand of cdr

Just when you burn them make sure you choose the option of burning them as an audio CD, not mp3 like it gives you the option in Windows media player, and Itunes I think.