ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Using Blackberry Messenger abroad (Spain)

PH1 172
I am with ORANGE

Want to use this while I am abroad so I can contact family while I am out there so we can meet up......

Is there a bundle I will need to setup before I go so I don't get changed?

OR

Is it better to just turn all data roaming off and just send the odd text now and again?

Cheers

Tel

Merc A class
I bought the £5 bundle that gives you extra meg but my phone bill ended up £100 plus and that was when i was in LeMans for 5days and i didn't even use my phone that much

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Aye, you'd have to be head mental to use data abroad unless it's a company phone and they are paying for it. Text.

We (T-Mobile) do a BlackBerry World bundle that's £15 a month for unlimited BB data anywhere abroad. I've seen that Orange do the same deal for Business customers but can't find any mention of it for personal. Would be worth a call to see if you can get it on a personal tariff if you fancy using it a lot.

I'm with o2 and have no bundle and when I go away with my BB I delete all my email accounts apart from Work one and leave BBM active and use it but not much and I think from when I was away for 2 weeks my extra charges for data where £3 and that was with quite a few emails. On the other hand my calls where £60 and texts were £12. BBM's use very little data unless you send huge messages or pic's. PS Have you told Orange your roaming as I have been told you need to let them know so they can activate roaming otherwise your phone may not work at all.

Buy a roaming bundle, but depending how much you need to be in contact texting maybe cheaper.

PH1 172
Cheers for all the replies peeps.

Unfortunately I posted this question to late to see the replies before heading off, talk about last minute lol.

Orange were useless when I called up, so in the end I just turned the data roaming off and used a few texts instead.