ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Using a PS3 and BT Home Hub

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Hi Everyone,

I am having a nightmare with my PS3 and home hub at the minute. Basically I can play online fine etc but if I want to host a private game or join a friends game it won't work and I get the get the message 'Could not connect to host'.

Done some Googling and found it seems to be a common problem amongst Home Hub users. There are a few guides on the web about port forwarding, setting static IP's, disabling and re-enabling uPNP etc - I have tried them all and I still can't sort the problem. The only thing I haven't tried is using a wired connection to my Home hub but because of the telephone port location it's just too far to run a really long cable through about 4 rooms.

A bit of a long shot but does anyone on here have any ideas? dk? McBunny?

Pulling my hair out as I bought a PS3 earlier this week so I could play my mates on COD:WOW yet I can't join their games :(

A couple of years ago I had a similar issue with my Xbox360 but it fixed itself somehow. I am tempted to go out and buy a new router but only want to do that as a last resort.

Thanks in advance

James

Megane Mk4
Never had any problems with mine, but then I don't online play that much..
Have you tried a wired connection just to see if you get the same error?

btw, I've got the Hub v2

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Ps3 + Homehub = Instant fail

Internet + Homehub = instant fail.

Tbh, they are the worst thing to happen to internet since 2 girls 1 cup.

My one has this lovely habbit of kicking the PusSy3 off the network (thats if it decides to let it on) also if i start uploading 99.9% of the time it crashes! Its OKAY with the xbox but far from good!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Hmm, I have been using a home hub since they were first introduced, both with a 360 and ps3.

I did have to add a couple of ports for each to host games, was the only thing I couldn't seem to do but once I had added those I had no issues. There are some generic ports and then depending on the game maybe a game related port.

You definitely shouldn't have issues connecting with the homehib once these ports have been added in the application I think from memory.

Not got it anymore though to check sorry.