ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

using a 172 as a getaway car

RB 182 Cup
lol i know this is a clio forum but you do relise clio 172's arent the fastest things on the planet. Slow compared to most things, One wont be able to loose the evos and scoobys first of all, and people think police drivers are thick and crap drivers but are stupidly smart (area knowledge and tuns of experianmce chasing chavs over feilds and predicting what stunt the guy in front going to pull off)

Shed.
I think if you stayed off the motorway and knew what you were doing - maybe it would work. Trouble is you'd need at least 3 guys to pull off the raid, so with them, their shooters and all the money the poor old Clio is going to be weighed down a bit. My car feels significantly slower 3 up than with just me in it.

So a 172 is probably not the ideal getaway car. Not big enough or enough poke to haul the extra weight.

Unless you have a 172 each a la the Italian Job.....

you must be joking. the subaru is set up by the bloody rally team, when i say its fast i actually mean it, bends or no bends the subaru would piss all over it. the 172 wouldnt stand a chance.

and hes right btw, 172 arent all this and that lol.

Civic Vtec y0
I would say you that you could, up here anyway as the Traffic's have just toook delivery of a Vectra Diesel :S

i had this discussion a few years ago when i got my 182, if you hit a small town place and not a city, a bit of research into what the local cops drive, check local cop shops, my town you can see what there cars are and the main station 10 miles away's traffic garage is easily viewable so you can see what they have, research road conditions, what roads would be busy at the time of day, secondly have two or three routes in case it goes tits up and you have a have a go hero chase you, be aware of any potential road works, most importanly however have a second car or even a bike to get away on, easiest way would be cause a "incident" elsewhere which causes all cops to aim that way, call in a fire at a primary school or something like that

use roller skates:D oh i love my bauers:star: :star: cz if worse comes to worse(car messes up sum how)...and they are running after u, ud easily get away. . .surely

I think if you stayed off the motorway and knew what you were doing - maybe it would work. Trouble is you'd need at least 3 guys to pull off the raid, so with them, their shooters and all the money the poor old Clio is going to be weighed down a bit. My car feels significantly slower 3 up than with just me in it.

So a 172 is probably not the ideal getaway car. Not big enough or enough poke to haul the extra weight.

Unless you have a 172 each a la the Italian Job.....

you must be joking.

No I'm deadly serious :)

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
After reading this, i actually smiled.
The 172s, 182s etc are purely not quick enough to rally away. I think we are missing the bigger picture here, clios are not mega performance to outrun police etc. Where as this is where Supras, Evos, M3s come into the league.

However if you wanted even to consider a clio as a get away car thing of this, most of you have either french plates, or have obvious mods to cars such as springs/coils/silvervisions/turinis/cup packs/carbon front spoilers which make it so much easier to pick out your car in a crowd.

Plus you cant carry people in 172/182 without loosing performance.

Just a thought.

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
YES!! now that would get you to the ferry across the channel quicker than needed!!

Ph1
Since when did you need speed to out run the cops?? Most of the time on shows like Police Cameara Action etc speeds never get above 50! Its all about agility not speed (unless your on the motorway obviously)

Mk4 .:R32
lol i know this is a clio forum but you do relise clio 172's arent the fastest things on the planet. Slow compared to most things, One wont be able to loose the evos and scoobys first of all, and people think police drivers are thick and crap drivers but are stupidly smart (area knowledge and tuns of experianmce chasing chavs over feilds and predicting what stunt the guy in front going to pull off)

I think everyone here knows 172's aren't the fastest cars by a long shot. But I was watching some police program the other night and the police were chasing some chavs in a 1.4 206 and the couldn't catch them as they were driving like mentalists through a housing area. The police aren't going to drive stupidly and risk their lives in order to catch some thick tw*t chavs. As it happens the 206 ended up crashing so the impreza caught up haha.