ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Useless Renault CV boot clips - What size jubilee to fit?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Hey chaps,

Just a quickie, i have read many stories of the outter CV boot clips snapping and the boot lunching the CV grease all over the show.

Mine too have done the same, it seems many replace these with a jubilee clip instead. Can anyone tell me what size clip i need without me having to get under the car and measure.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I think my outer ones are 110mm, i think they where a little to long once done up so i marked them took them off, trimed them down and re-fitted

Scott.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Thanks Scott,

Mines a 182 if that makes any difference at all. How have you found the jubilees holding up?

Spot on mate, i fitted the outer ones for the same reason as you but i just had cable ties on the inner until i saw spats of grease so i now have jubilee clips on them to.
Although i might replace them both with the factory look clips as i like things looking right.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
If it last mate then i might do the same as i don't like to look of the hose clips tbh.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I just keep proper CV clips in stock, and fit them with the proper pinch and crush tool (about £40 i think it was) The clips themself are very cheap, cheaper than jubilees to be honest. and once fitted right they work perfectly.

Clio Trophy
What is the size of the inner boot Jubilee Clip please. I was told 30mm. Could anyone recommend the best clip range. Im looking at 25-35mm from Jubilee.
Thanks
Alan