ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

used some injector-cleaner ; is it safe to go all out/full throttle ?

RS RIP
I put in some quality German stuff , on a full tank. After maybe 70 miles driving round with it i noticed when red-lining it it began to splutter at high revs/ hold back !

It just happened again .

I guess i could be some "dirt" coming loose, but is it safe to thrash it like you normally do or do you have to adapt your driving with the stuff still in the tank ?

Thanks guys

clio rs 2000
in my opinion sometimes giving full throttle is good for cleaning
but also see that most of this additives are useless instead of würth

RS RIP
yeah every time i drive it i go to the red, it's good for cleaning valves etc. and keeping it "loose"

But with the additive , i'm thinking it might not be safe to be pulling to the limiter and having good fun ? worried here ...

Fred , Henk ?

I put in some quality German stuff , on a full tank. After maybe 70 miles driving round with it i noticed when red-lining it it began to splutter at high revs/ hold back !

It just happened again .

I guess i could be some "dirt" coming loose, but is it safe to thrash it like you normally do or do you have to adapt your driving with the stuff still in the tank ?

Thanks guys

FLOL.

Must be good shiz...

RS RIP
^^ cheers lads

Normally i would'nt use additives but i read the stuff is used here by a lot of dealers, AUDI(VAG) + Porsche for example and they get very good results with it. It's called Tunap, one treatment costs about 20p.

I would'nt use anything to chuck in the engine/oil for example. This injector cleaner seemed " harmless" to me or in any case worth trying.. Next time round the injectors will prob need replacing or professionally cleaned (sonic?)

RS RIP
that is a rule i trie to live by ! Except me Cup has been having bad cold start-ups, where i need to use the pedal to keep her going. This has gradually gotten worse and my thought was dirty injectors. Since a 200 mile drive with the shiz in me tank the startups have improved and idle has become smoother.

It was just kind of a surprise that when thrashing a bit it started to splutter near the red.. My thoughts were that a good open throttle was needed for good cleaning :) I guess not with the additive still in the fuel :eek:

Lionel Richie
yeah maybe a bit of a funny mixture going on causing a funny combustion due to whatever is in that addative

RS RIP
Right..
i'm not using the stuff again. I had another incident ; spluttering and dying revs which did'nt let me go past 3000 anymore. Exit'd the highway , turned off ignition, reset, all was good.

Now i drove around till my tank was DRY, getting rid of te injector-cleaning s**t, and filled 'r up to the rim;

Went for another sprited drive ; thank god all is well again. Redlining without any probs ! phew ! i thought i had damaged something with this injector cleaner.. never again

Last edited:
  E39 M5, Clio 2
Based on experience, all additives are BS…….all what I can say is drop in 10% toluene in your fuel tank and it will do miracles

RS RIP
"Toluene also poses similar problems as alcohol fuels, as it eats through standard rubber fuel lines and has no lubricating properties as standard gasoline does, which can break down fuel pumps and cause upper cylinder bore wear."

read up on your comment, Wikipedia. Where did you get that idea !?

E39 M5, Clio 2
Toluene, Xylene and MMT are already in gasoline, in fact , they make up a good portion of it to control the octane percentage.
I’ve been using it mixed with ATF on my cars for the past 10 years to increase octane levels and clean /lubricate internal parts……no breakage in fuel lines nor fuel pumps