ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

USA Apple TV

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Parents go to america tomorrow, is it worth getting them to bring an ATV home for me or will it not work?

SQ5
I'm sure it won't like having 240v put through it so you'd need 110v transformer which will be at least three times the size and more expensive than buying here.

Never above 25mpg
I'm sure it won't like having 240v put through it so you'd need 110v transformer which will be at least three times the size and more expensive than buying here.

I would imagine that's only relative to the power source, not the product?

SQ5
USA is all 110/115v at the wall, UK is 240v.

I'd imagine each is made for different supplies as they don't have a power adaptor just a straight figure 8 lead in.

I could be wrong and the US ones come with a power adaptor to transform 110v to 240v but I doubt they do as packaging costs would then be ridiculous, it would actually be cheaper to manufacture 2 different ATV with different power needed.

BMW F31
You're wrong, it has a switching power supply meaning you can just plug a standard UK "figure 8" power cable into it and it will work perfectly. You can pick these for a couple of quid.

I bought my Apple TV in New York and it cost approx £65 iirc.

Yeah you can use American ones over here they are no different, similar to shaver sockets in the bathroom 110/240 shavers generally charge with both as they have power switching, and I think apple will have easily implemented the same thing

Citroen DS3 White
Yep, I have a yankee one and it works fine with a random figure 8 cable I had. ATV2 though so you can JB it.