ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgently need suggestions!

1.2 16V Dynamique
Morning guys and girls,

A couple of days ago I've been the unfortunate recipient of a motorcyclist riding up the middle of the road hitting my car. I won't bore you with the details but after getting an initial evaluation from a Renault garage (which was the nearest one by, as I've had the crash miles away from home) the insurance are leaning towards it being a total loss, and it being 100% my fault. I'm to be taking it to an 'approved' garage by the insurers for a second estimation, but it looks likely that I'll buy it back off the insurance after the pay-out to get it repaired.

Does anyone know in the Essex area a decent garage that would just do the mechanical repairs? I'm planning on doing the bodywork myself, but need to replace most, if not all, of the drivers side suspension. The car drives, but on a ridiculous negative camber, so recovery is the only option to get it home.

Hope you're all having better luck this week :)

So long as the shell is straight its not a huge issue to chnage all the suspension even if you need to change the subframe.