ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent website help!

fiesta 1.25
Im going to a work placement tomorrow at a small business where he basicly expects me to make a website selling products now ive used asp.net and trhe likes to create websites at uni but i doubt ill be able to create a profesional site where i can sell products.

What are the laws with this and what is needed to set up bank payments?

He has a laptop with no software on for me so what am i meant to do?

fiesta 1.25
Know a bit of SQL but PHP?

I doubt ill be making a website ill just have to design it and sort out the ebay shop as i have no idea

Whats this placement for? I get the impression you know less than me, and I know f**k all about web design...

fiesta 1.25
university i do informations systems design but all weve done all year is mess around on visual stuio and how to link databases.

TBH i know f**k all and im meant to be learning but i get the inpression the guy thinks i can design build and implement his website for him where as i thought the placement we would just change a few things using HTML etc

Your not gonna be able to do a web shop in html as it needs the dynamic ability of PHP. If you know HTML then you MIGHT be able to fumble your way through setting up some PHP as I am pretty sure that the software I pointed you to has a basic site set up.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Im going to a work placement tomorrow at a small business where he basicly expects me to make a website selling products now ive used asp.net and trhe likes to create websites at uni but i doubt ill be able to create a profesional site where i can sell products.

What are the laws with this and what is needed to set up bank payments?

He has a laptop with no software on for me so what am i meant to do?

Sounds like you will need to set the guy straight..

You haven't done it before and bluffing your way through isn't going to work. Security is paramount if your creating an e-commerce site !!

You need to start learning server-side code, as well as web coding techniques etc. It's not something your gonna learn overnight !

fiesta 1.25
Yeh your right ill just have to tell him.Hes not very computer literate so has no idea how it all works and just expected me to be able to sort it but its harder than it sounds.Hopefully ill be of some help to him,im sure ill be able to set up the ebay business and help him with the business strategy.

Rav4
Some people just pressure you into a corner and expect you to come out with a solution.

It's quite a difficult task you are going to be undertaking, you have many options.

Magento e-commerce is a good product and then use third party gateway such as worldpay and or google checkouts.

Anyhow, set the guy straight and let him know the real score.

Yeh your right ill just have to tell him.Hes not very computer literate so has no idea how it all works and just expected me to be able to sort it but its harder than it sounds.Hopefully ill be of some help to him,im sure ill be able to set up the ebay business and help him with the business strategy.