ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent side seat airbag help! 182FF

2016 Qashqai 2011 A3
I am already having rotten luck this year, I hit a curb only damaging the wheel of my 182FF but it has set the passenger seat airbag off. I have ordered a new seat, new wheel and as i was selling the car I am now gonna have a multipoint inspection and 12 month MOT put on it to make sure it hasn't done any damage but apart from getting the airbag ECU reset is there any impact sensors i need to replace? if so what sensors and has anyone else had this happen too them? wasn't even a hard knock just took a chunk out the alloy!

dan's cast offs.
just clear the crash data and that's it. to be honest i reckon if you slammed the door hard enough you could set an airbag off on a clio!!

2016 Qashqai 2011 A3
just clear the crash data and that's it. to be honest i reckon if you slammed the door hard enough you could set an airbag off on a clio!!
F**cking hell don't say this, I know men aren't meant to admit fears but my biggest fear is airbags since i crashed my mums car three years ago, proper messed me up and then that went off and I was just shocked, thing is car is up for sale and lot so its a right ball ache! I didn't even crash though I hit the curb with the front wheel next this i know BANG! I refused to get back in car even though its fine i have had it recovered to my mates and am using my daily! But is there a crash sensor because if i get back in it once its all fixed and it goes off that its i will strip my next car off Airbags!

Clio 182
Less coffee mate and calm the fudge down.
Just replace the airbag and clear the data.
If you don't want it to go off or any of the other airbags then my advice would be to stop hitting things.
Seems to work for me.

2016 Qashqai 2011 A3
Less coffee mate and calm the fudge down.
Just replace the airbag and clear the data.
If you don't want it to go off or any of the other airbags then my advice would be to stop hitting things.
Seems to work for me.
Ha. I agree mate, slid into curb though hardly a crash or in my eyes enough to deploy bags!

dan's cast offs.
seen a few now that have set airbag off just from hitting a curb with minimal damage to the wheel.