ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent Question

gen 7 celica
Hey guys hope some1 can help. I am due to sell my car tonight. The buyer has paid renault finance directly via chaps transfer yesterday so renault should have recieved the payment yesterday. I have phoned them today and they say they don't apply the credit to my account for 10 days and it is held in a holding a/c. They did a trace of there holding account today and could not find the payment. The buyer promises me he had paid it off. Should i just give him the car or should i keep the v5 and give him the car then complete the v5 once the finance is cleared or should i just keep the car until i know for sure. The buyer says he cannot collect it any other night before the holidays if he doesn't get it tonight. What should i do. cheers in advance guys

RS Clio 200
keep it till after the holidays.. simple as.
id he cant collect it any other night, is he gonna be able to drive it anyway.

Dont hand anything over till u get the money

Nissan 370Z
this is the car i originally wanted!!
soo so nice!
and im not getting ripped of if i buy this.
fingers crossed

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
I would strongly recommend you don’t hand over the car until you have confirmation the funds have been paid and you have title to the car.

Its better to loose the sale than loose your car and the cash. IMHO

gen 7 celica
But if he has sent the money and paid off the finance i cant sell to anyone else. Im so confused. I feel pressured to give it to him. If i find out renault have lied and the money is there i will kill them.

Nissan 370Z
well find out mate as you know how bad i want your car and will have full money within 12days max!!
cheers

Chocolate Bar™
dont let him have the car, too much risk. Keeping the V5 wont make much diff either. Sell it to someone else.

Megane Mk4
Same as everyone else...

Wait til you get the all clear from renault that the payments cleared and 100% authorised before handing ANYTHING over as it maybe the last time you see the car or money.

medici999 said:
let me buy it off you on the 30th december!! i have full cash by then!! pleaseeeee
medici999 said:
this is the car i originally wanted!!
soo so nice!
and im not getting ripped of if i buy this.
fingers crossed
medici999 said:
he hasnt lost sale tho, as ill buy it
medici999 said:
well find out mate as you know how bad i want your car and will have full money within 12days max!!
cheers

Are you trying to tell him something medici? ;)

Nissan 370Z
yeah definetley trying to tell him something, and mine is a full cash sale! no finance or cheques or sh*t lovely CASH!!! haha
hope to hear from you soon.

gen 7 celica
Phoned customer complaints. Renault have given me their old bank a/c number. Wot a bunch of w*nkers. They say they will sort it 2moro. Why do i not trust them.

gen 7 celica
well ill let you know. the guy seemed genuine but you just never know. dont think he was happy that he wasn't getting to pick it up.

Abarth Grande Punto
if for some reason the payment is returned or recalled then you dont have a leg to stand on. As the guys are saying no cash no car!

Iceberg 172
Hey guys hope some1 can help. I am due to sell my car tonight. The buyer has paid renault finance directly via chaps transfer yesterday so renault should have recieved the payment yesterday. I have phoned them today and they say they don't apply the credit to my account for 10 days and it is held in a holding a/c. They did a trace of there holding account today and could not find the payment.

This is absolute cr*p!! I've worked in a Bank for 8 years and I know for a fact, the day a CHAPS transfer is sent, they can see it by the end of the day in their account. It does not take 10 days to transfer money from a holding account as the money is sent as cleared funds!! It all souns like red tape to me, something as important as repaying borrowed money (HP/finance) would be dealt with asap!!! Keep on them m8, whoever you spoke to probably don't know where to look or what they're doing.

Don't hand over the keys until they have confirmed receipt to you, its still your liability until they have confirmed to you the money has been received!

Like everyone says don't do it. I've heard of dodgy garages doing this a lot they take your car on part-ex and say they'll clear the finance but takes ten days and they never pay it so your up s**t creek.
If you really need to do it get the buyer to put in writing that they will clear the finance.

Blue Clio 182
If they say they have got it an holding account i'd want written confirmation, but i still dont think i'd let the car go with out cash!!

Blue Clio 182
Plus a chaps payment can be seen in the account straight away they only hold it in a holding account if they dont know what the money is for, i deal with these everyday, we cant hold money if we know what it is for