ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent how do I remove spindle from 1*2/197 throttle body?!?

Albi blue 197
A guy on the 197 forum has done it on his and noticed a decent improvement so can't go wrong really bud.. Especially when the machinist at work is sorting you out :p

Albi blue 197
Not on it's own will nearly make difference but with other breathing mods course it will? Bigger volume of air can pass but not too big to be struggling ... If it doesn't work in the end oh we'll but least was worth the try :p

53 Clio's & counting
Agreed, the inlet is the factor you want to be working on, increasing the size of the tb will just make the throttle less progressive.

Albi blue 197
Like I said on its own not much or nothing ... Sort other breather mods out inc porting etc should see some gains like that lad has off 197...

53 Clio's & counting
Alot of work for no noticable difference - trust me iv been through it over the years, as has Fred, Danny and a lot of us.

Some even loose power.

Though are you talking about a 1*2 or 197 mate?

Albi blue 197
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
The following equation is a good rule of thumb for throttlebody diameter (~ +/- 5%)

D (“) = sqrt[(WHP x 4)/(AP x CR)]

sqrt = square root

D = diameter of throttle body (single)
WHP = wheel horse power
AP = Atmospheric Pressure (14psi)
CR = Engine compression ratio

Cross Sectional Area = 3.14 x (D/2)[/FONT]

53 Clio's & counting
Well at the end of the day its your choice dude, Id still not bother - for the tiny increase you may get in bhp, you will end up with a snappy throttle - but its your car! :)

Albi blue 197
Just using a spare one I've got so can change it back I can see where your con from too so cheers for advice

Arctic Blue FF 182

The following equation is a good rule of thumb for throttlebody diameter (~ +/- 5%)

D (“) = sqrt[(WHP x 4)/(AP x CR)]

sqrt = square root

D = diameter of throttlebody (single)
WHP = wheel horse power
AP = Atmospheric Pressure (14psi)
CR = Engine compression ratio

Cross Sectional Area = 3.14 x (D/2)
All well and good, but the throttle body isn't the most restrictive part of the intake system. I believe it's the upper inlets that are.

But if you have a spare one, why not play I spose