ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent Help Required Please

Clio mk1 1.2
headgasket blew on clio, im in the process of putting it all back together, was doing the bolts up done the first two had no problem, went to do the third and it was getting harder to tighten up but wasnt sitting flush, so i removed them all and started again, this time the bolt u used on the 3 hole i chose to use on the second and i had the same problem but it was gettin harder sooner:S:S: then went to tighten up firs one one more turn and the bot has rounded off.

i think i will be able to get the first bolt out by using a 12 point 10mm socket but i was just wandering whetehr its worth getting another 1.2, carrying on doing the engine myself or just stick it in the garage get it fixed then moted

your help will be greatly appreciated thanks

chad

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Take the head off and re-tap the holes you think you may have threaded - get some new bolts and try again. If the problem persists contact an engineer / mechanic that can do the job. Its nothing serious

Shhh
seems to be that the thread on the bolt is f*cked..

how about just buying some new bolts, and maybe a 6 point socket for head bolts..

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Thing is the bolt that threads ( made from a softer material than the block ) can still cause damage to the bore of the thread its fitting into.

Clio mk1 1.2
i brought the headgasket set not just the headgasket so i have new bolts anyway so you think i should tap the holes and get new bolts, can you buy the bolts speerate