ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent help PLEASE (elec)

Right ive had the sh*test day i can remember

I took the car to have the engine steamed this morning, drove back from there fine then started to spluter a bit! Parked up and as i did the car cut out, tried everything and still wouldnt go (no spark). Towed it to the garage and after an hour or so they got it going. Drove 3 miles and dead again. Obviously something is wet and shorting out. It keeps blowing the fuse in the engine bay fuse box 30amp the one in the middle nearest the wing. Any ideas are more than welcome.

jase

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Sorry to hear that, dont know whats wrong.

Ive heard lots of stories about people having trouble after an engine is steam cleaned. Id never get it done.

2 CLIO 16 VALVES

Water in the coils and plugs is the most commen problem after engine steam cleaning., which is why it misfires.

^^^ Had all the leads off for ages and dried them and wd40, can the inside of the coil get wet? Thought it was a sealed unit. The dissy is also bone dry.

have got it down to a starting short as it blows that particular fuse the second u turn the key

Are shorts on the starter common?

It takes the fuse the second you turn the ignition on (last turn before starting)

Anyone?

Jase

2 CLIO 16 VALVES

Poss that the fuse is the injection computer fuse from where your describing it is, had it on a Williams once have a look at - where the wiring loom runs from the black relay box left hand inner wing, check the loom hasnt rubbed through on the chassis by the coolant recirc pump!

And yeah coils are a sealed pack, wasnt reading prop b4!

[Edited by Bailey16v on 27 May 2005 at 9:40pm]