ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent help needed, Trophy Sachs rears!

Hi guys, hoping someone can give me a quick answer to this. In the process of swapping over the rear shocks on my T however as you can see, I hope anyway from the pics, I had 2 different shocks fitted which I did know,one remaining Sachs which has failed and one unknown, cup possibly? My question is the top mounts are different on both, would I be right in saying the original Sachs which is on the left has all the proper top mount, hat and dust cover on it and the other one is a load of something else?

Any help much appreciated, hope the pics work!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I would happily do the same however as they're different I want to do it properly and put the right stuff back on the car!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I would contact Renault and get new parts for both. I honestly can't remember which ones are the correct ones! I'd assume it's the one that's on the old Sachs one. Amazing the difference you'll see when you've replaced them

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Top mounts do not come with the new Sachs shocks, they only come with 182 shocks as part of the kit.
Below is a picture of the genuine top mount bush and standard 182 shock.
I have went with power flex bushes as these perish
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thanks Marc, just confirms what others including Reno Wolverhampton have said over the phone, they were a little surprised that they didn't come complete with bushes etc. Well looks like I'll be having to go down the powerflex path, be nice if I can pick up a matching dust cover and top hat wotsit.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
For dust covers try and find a rubbish pair of 182 dampers and take them off so you have a spare set

Ex 182 owner
... you can have the ones that cam off my old ones.. as I , like marc said just bought a set of 182 shocks for new bits.. and the shocks will do as lofts spares... bushes are knackered but you happy to have the covers althougg they are a bit tatty.
674D3FE0-4D2D-405A-A623-12ED6E9ADE67_zpswpl44lxh.gif