ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT HELP NEEDED! Ast top mounts . . .

172 cup
need help from anyone whos fitted ast top mounts to anything but coil overs. Its urgent as my cars in bits next to me as we speak.

Rite the OE metal cap/top hat goes on top of the spring then I have what I can see as too possible ways of fitting the asts . . . .

1. Use the OE chunky rubber mount with center metal bit removed, sack off the ast spring cup. Then fit the ast bearing in the OE chunky mount hole with the bottow orange part of AST on top

2. Put the springs cup straight on top of the oe metal top hat (which dosn't seem to fit great but would prob line itself up when tightened) and NOT using any more OE parts . . .

help please

172 cup
if I was having relationship troubles or anything along them lines no doubt I'd of got an instant reply ;)

Never mind, sorted it myself

Standard OE Spring Top Hat --------> AST Bearing ---------> AST Black Top Bit -----------> AST Mount -------------> Through The Strut, Then The Top Ring?

172 cup
theres no other way for the bearing to be supported and sat flush without the ast top hat, and you have no choice but to use the oe top hat. Im pretty sure the bearing would destroy itself if put straight onto the oe top hat as its lipped to sit in the ast top hat