ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT help! 4500 RPM idle

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
first of all im driving a 2004 flame red 172. I just tried changing the spark plugs, stripped it all down only to realise i don't have a socket that fits the plugs. so i put it all back together again, start the engine and the rev's shoot upto 4.5K rpm. Wtf have i done?

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
sounds like a vac leak check all small pipes are connected to the plenum

another good way to test is

spay wd40 or equivelent round the inlet ( as a mist say 15cm away not directly on ) and if there is a leak the engine will suck the oil in and make it bog slightly

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
what does this pipe do? it was sqaushed flat, unsquashed (is that a word?) it now and all is sorted cheers lads

Image384.jpg

Megane 225 F1
That has something to do with pressure IIRC. When i fitted my induction kit i forgot to put mine back and it reved right up.

its a vac line for the acoustic valve that sits below the passenger headlight, not really needed as it does feck all.

just make sure u havnt split it

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
There is also the small pipe on the 90 degree induction pipe