ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*Urgent* Discs and pads for 172ff

Anyone any ideas where i can get i decent set of front Discs and Pads for my 2002 172FF ?

As its in for its mot today and Evans Balshaw have failed it on a piteed nearside brake disc and wiper blades and have said i need new pads to go with the discs :(

They wanted £40.26 for pads

£86.52 for discs

and £97.50 for labour

f**king RIP OFF OR WHAT ? ?

So i was gonna get pads and discs and fit them myself and then retest car :)

Anyone any ideas for disc and pad combos ?

And where to get them ?

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Standard ones from yozzasport £175 with pads, abs rings and bearing already pressed in.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
ooppss ignore that, thought you ment rear ones, front ones don't need bearings or anything.

HOW EASY IS IT TO CAHNGE DISCS ON THE 172FF

A quick post to ask, how easy is it to replace discs and pads on the front of a 2002 172 FF ?

As i'm due for a pad and disc change, as one of the front discs are pitted :(

I have managed to find a guide to changing the pads
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56131

Is it just a case of removing the caliper carrier boilts and caliper carrier to remove the disc ?

Or is there anything else to make it that bit harder ?

Any help and pictures would be appreciated

Cheers

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Re: HOW EASY IS IT TO CAHNGE DISCS ON THE 172FF

once the wheel is off and you have removed the caliper there should be two bolts holding the disc on remove these

corollabrakes0023.jpg

and the disc's should just come straight off you may find there stuck fast, use a persuader more commonly known as a hammer with a rag wraped round it to tap the back of the discs they should come off easy enough though.

clean the new discs, I use meths but any brake cleaner will do as most companys put a layer of stuff on the discs to stop them scratching in transit
etc,

meths.jpg

Then get out the copper grease, and give the hub a coating

copper.jpg

Put the new disc on the hub

newdisc.jpg

Then Refit your Calipers

job done

hope this helps

Please note these are not pics of a clio but the idea is exacly the same

Last edited:
Anyone any ideas where i can get i decent set of front Discs and Pads for my 2002 172FF ?

They wanted £40.26 for pads

£86.52 for discs

and £97.50 for labour
f**kING RIP OFF OR WHAT ? ?

Anyone any ideas for disc and pad combos ?

And where to get them ?
Front disks are £30~35 each or so loads of places sell them. GSF or yozzaspoprt sell the brembo high carbon stuff for about the same I think as a set.

Whats wrong with £97 for labour its a typical rate realy?

Pads well loads fo choice form stock for £45 form Renault to fll on race stuff for mega money personaly if your happy with stock say with them maybe try the greenstuff as there very little extra otherwsie DS2500 are a popular option Yozzasport does a kitfor £200 I think with braised lines thrown in which ins't bad value.