ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent - car wont start. Duff battery?

My 182 has been sitting since July. I have been out the country working. I was home briefly for a few days in September so I turned the car over. It started first time with no issues. I got back home yesterday and tried to get into the car. The central locking wouldn't work. The key was lighting up fine. I opened the door with the key and then the alarm went off. I couldn't turn the slam off though as the key wasn't working. The alarm went off on its own accord after about 10 mins. Tried starting the car and nothing. Only a few lights on dash and the stereo, air con etc were not coming on. I concluded the battery was flat. Tried jump starting but no joy. So I went to halfords and bought a new battery. Although I noticed before installing it that it only had a starting power of 360amps where as the OE Renault battery has 420amps. I tried the battery anyway and all lights etc are working again and the key locks and unlocks the car, however the car still won't start. It turns over a few times but won't start. Is this Down to the battery??