ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT: Calling all K-Tec ITB Pictures/Info

Renault Clio 172
Hey guys,

My car is currently at the workshop awaiting further details and pictures so the mechanic can continue the install in the morning. At the moment he is a bit stumped and I'm not having too much luck finding any instructions from here, in Aus or K-Tec.

If you have any pictures that might be of help, or any info at all regarding the placement of bracket and individual components, it would be hugely appreciated. I cannot afford to leave the car in the workshop for too many days....:S

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I dont mean this to sound daft or unhelpful but you gave your car to a garage and they dont know what to do...?

ph2 172
it would probably be easier for people on here to help you if you or the garage took some pics of it's current state & of the bracket/components that you're unsure of.

Iceberg 172
I take it this Mechanic offered to do it on the cheap, he's never done it before and now he's stumped!?

Get what you pay for.

Renault Clio 172
Should be all good now. Got in touch with K-Tec and have exactly the pictures I need (fingers crossed :D).

The mechanic is actually a Renault guy who's been doing stuff like this for over 20 years (however no ITB's on a 172 before), but when you get a bunch of brackets and parts etc with no guidance, I can understand the confusion.
To be honest, he is quite possibly the one of the most top notch and experienced mech's I've dealt with yet. Problem with pics/phone calls etc is that the workshop is closed for the night and their opening hours are almost the mirror AM/PM reverse of K-Tec's with the 10hour time zone difference! I'm just trying to scrap together as much info overnight as I possibly can so they can finish it off tomorrow.

So, if anyone still has any engine bay pics, particularly general pics, that'd be of great help. The more info the better!

Renault Clio 172
^^^ I had tried a search, but only found a couple, hence why I thought I'd ask, particularly as I was specifically after K-tec ITB install pics only.

Thanks though, there were a couple more to add to the 'info collection' in there.