ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGANT HELP NEEDED IN NESTON

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi all. Just came to buy a ph1 and took it a test drive, wheel nuts alhave sheared and are stuck in the hub.

Anyone local got a hub and wheel nuts right now?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah it was mate, on my way home now though.

Left the car where it was because i dont have time to wait around!

Thanks though!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Was it the black ph1?

Yes I called about it last Sat and was told it was sold.. Went to see a flamer in Willaston, told OP he should of viewed that as only few mins away..
​It was decsnt and I nearly left a deposit..

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
If its the black one a few years ago it was mint. last time I saw it was starting to look a little ruff it was my favourite ph1 at one point.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
If its the black one a few years ago it was mint. last time I saw it was starting to look a little ruff it was my favourite ph1 at one point.

Its a shame if theyve let it get in a bad state.. Mind you my car sheered all the nuts on the motorway a few weeks ago.. Lucky escape..

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Worst ride ive ever had in a car, and i dont mean from a woman :p

All the mounts are shot. Not the car i thought it was going to be unfortunately!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
It was priced at 1200. For a ph1 with 128k on the clocks and 2 weeks tax left.

I dont like to put a value on any car because i dont know.

Just feel let down after all the travelling and 170 quids worth of fuel!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
It was priced at 1200. For a ph1 with 128k on the clocks and 2 weeks tax left.

I dont like to put a value on any car because i dont know.

Just feel let down after all the travelling and 170 quids worth of fuel!

The one in Willaston was decent for same price.. £1250, guy had taken it to Birchdown for a health check..

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
There aren't many phase 1's in great condition these days and most will need belts, brakes, exhaust and general running gear work.

Did you not get any photos before travelling so far or was it a case of the seller saying "Yeah cous, its proper mint innitz"

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
There aren't many phase 1's in great condition these days and most will need belts, brakes, exhaust and general running gear work.

Did you not get any photos before travelling so far or was it a case of the seller saying "Yeah cous, its proper mint innitz"

I started a thread a while back saying we should have ppl around the country who can view on your behalf to stop this sort of thing happening.. Obv for a fee but would of saved you money..

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
There aren't many phase 1's in great condition these days and most will need belts, brakes, exhaust and general running gear work. Did you not get any photos before travelling so far or was it a case of the seller saying "Yeah cous, its proper mint innitz"
I started a thread a while back saying we should have ppl around the country who can view on your behalf to stop this sort of thing happening.. Obv for a fee but would of saved you money..

Titanium 182

The car looked very good in the photos in the ebay advert.After seeing the bucket of dung in the flesh though,I'd say they are pretty old photos,we should have asked for up to date photos but lesson learnt.I always take fresh photos when selling something and just expect others to do the same.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

I would not want the responsibility and if you charged for it you could be held liable for any problems I think. The idea is good tho. I would certainly be happy to do a go see for someone, but on the understanding they need to see it themselves, if I think it's okay.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I would not want the responsibility and if you charged for it you could be held liable for any problems I think. The idea is good tho. I would certainly be happy to do a go see for someone, but on the understanding they need to see it themselves, if I think it's okay.

I agree all I ment was you could advise whether it was worth a 7 hr trip or to save themselves the bother.. Id be happy enough looking for people but my knowledge isnt great. Saying that I know a dog when I see one..

172, 320td
sorry to here this. It was mine a month ago, and I assure you it was mint then. I sold it for 1k. Couldn't fault the car

Clio 182
sorry to here this. It was mine a month ago, and I assure you it was mint then. I sold it for 1k. Couldn't fault the car
I can second this the car was faultless when Ian had it ... I was thinking about purchasing it myself when he was selling it !