ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprating turbo, question, also nos

Right at the moment i have been running about 16 psi at the manifold from my standard turbo (high miler no doubt lol) and it has given up. Im chaging the turbo for im not sure what size jobby yet (either stage 2, or depending on price t3).

I have been told that you cant really run much more over 1 bar of boost and still use nos to. Now my dilema is if i get a bigger turbo, and still keep the nos jets at 25 (maybe to go up to 75 when i get a minimax controller) then is it going to be worth having the nos? I mean even just a stage 2 turbo is going to be capable of 25 psi of boost, if i cant run that much and nos together then what could i do? I dont think an increase of 10psi of boost is going to give me an extra 25+ bhp (similar spec car gained 44bhp @ wheels on 25bhp nos) so if this is true then could i run a simple high low boost switch so that when i come on gas and system is fully armed it flicks the boost down to a lower level of say 16-17 psi of boost?

Hope this males sense to you all and you see my point/question

Lol

Lionel Richie

Right then, i dont know much about the old R5 "boneshaker" turbos, but i do however know a bloke by the name of Sparkie (well known bloke on the RTOC, think hes the midlands area rep??) Anyway, his R5 has been RRd @ 231bhp at Power Engineering (this was with a T3/T28 roller bearing i think)

Then recently it was RRd @ 200 odd bhp with a std T3 (blew the roller bearing!!!!!)

He also has a piper cam (not sure of the exact spec, 285 i think) Plus hes messed about with carb for extra fueling (hes got all of the uprated intercooler etc etc etc etc)

Hes now in the process of rebuilding the engine including NOS!!!!!! I can find out whatever you need to know

BTW DD Autos R5 pulled 354bhp with NOS!!!!!!!!

Wouldnt mind knowing what kind of boost they run when on nos, and what what they run off nos (if any difference). I dont run a controller or anything, yet, and was wondering if they did.

Just how they run it really! cheers