ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

uprated springs

Ph1 track slag
Is there any gains to be had by fitting some decent lowering springs to my 182 cup? I know obviously it'll look better but will the handling be improved as surely when renault designed the car the concentrated hard on the handling side of things so i'm guessing some £100odd springs might have an opposite effect on the handling

Clio 182
Well it'll have a lower centre of gravity... I'd go for some eibach sportline springs check motorsportworld.co.uk

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
renault would have balanced up performance with comfort, practicality and cost,

they would have been based on a certain compresion rate, and designed to work well with the designed shock however the speed they come off a production line, i doubt theyd be that accurate.

so yes, cheep springs = terrible compression and rebound rates and adverse affect on handling, eibach sportlines or prolines have been found to work well with the standard shocks, so if you're only looking for a little lowering, these are defs the way to go,

if you want to go lower, then you will have to start spending £££ if you wish to improve the handling