ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated Polybushes and Engine Mounts - Advice Needed

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Hello all,

I've got a feeling the dogbone bushes have perished on my 172 ph2 causing a horrendous knocking under hard accelleration. I'd like to replace these in my service early next month, but what other bushes should I consider replacing at the same time?
Also, is it wise to have a mixture of brands i.e. Renault OEM and Powerflex or will that accellerate the rate at which the Renault bushes perish?

I think the engine top mounts are fine, but the gearbox (is this only the dogbone or are there more?) are perished causing the juddering and grinding noise when accellerating.

Can someone be so kind as to list all the polybushes and engine mounts and how much they should cost.
If anyone knows the cheapest place to buy them from, please shout.

Cheers,
Nick

iceberg 172
There are four all together you can just do the dog bone with power flex and sea how that works. I would not do any top mounts on there own it will make the opisite side go quiker. I had ktec mounts , they are exspencive but well worth it

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
OK I'll give the dogbone a try and see how I can get on. Do EuroCarParts still stock the powerflex ones?