ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated / modified exhaust mounts

Clio 182 Titanium
I fitted the red ones too with some silicone around them and a few cable ties, only lasted afew weeks before the mounts fell out the holes abit and the exhaust sagged again, now I've re-done them with lots of cable ties! all good and best the exhaust has ever been positioned.

artic blue 182
Great thread this just been reading through as my hangers are proper buggered now

Is it an easy job replacing the hangers ? By easy i mean just support the exhaust ,undo the bolts and pull the hanger free from the exhaust? Sorry if that sounds stupid but not got a lot of patience on things and wondered if it would be easier to get a garage to do
cheers

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
On my 182 I had the powerflex bushes in the mounts and found they constantly tilted or moved about, so I had them bonded in with tigerseal.

On my 172 Ive filled a standard mount with tigerseal and seems to be a very similar stiffness.

Its easy to replace the hangers, if nothing snaps! On my 182 had no issues, jack under the backbox, undo 3 bolts, and pull. I guarantee at least one will snap! On my 172 all 3 snapped or rounded off and I had to drill them/hammer and chisel the captive nuts!

Worth doing though.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Bump! My clio has had a little bump in the past and so I am thinking about using the universal bushes- just in case the hangars have bent at all. Was planning on lining it all up and then drilling the holes in the correct place. Anyone have any other suggestions?

RB clio 182
Thread revive, hope everyone theres still a few here that did this cheap modification all them years ago. I came across this thread while looking for an alternative for the originals, I recently bought a little 182 and both rear and the centre one are all bust. So glad I came across this. Il make sure to update when I receive all my bits and get around to doing it ?

Westfield, 182, 200
It's a good mod, although I've just fitted the 'proper' powerflex mounts to the old brackets.

RB clio 182
Il probably go down the same route once these are bust, but needed a quick fix for pennies. Hoping to get a few more cheap mods for it and then have a few track days local before I get attached as it's currently my daily till I buy a new car