ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

uprated engine mounts

clio 182
im looking at buying the uprated engine mount but carnt decide if its better to buy ktr fast rode or the new red track mounts that are twice as stiff as the normal uprated.was just worried what driveability will be like.i dont use the car everyday its only used for drives out

Audi A5
Dunno about these new red mounts but I have the normal solid engine mounts and I can safely say you don't need to go any stiffer lol their really stiff and do give off quite a lot of vibration, but they do tighten things up and make the gear change feel a lot better.

If people say they make the dash rattle they are either just being a pussy or have done something wrong. In my stripped ph1 there was no vibrations coming through, i can only compliment the mounts and say how good they make the car feel. I would with out a doubt run them again on a daily.

And dont bother with the red ones, the normal ones will be fine!

Arctic 182, GTD
I have the black ktec ones, and their great, not really that much vibration, and u can defiantly feel it when giving it a B road blast. Feels a lot stiffer. Recommend!

RenaultSport 182FF
I asked the very same question and this was the response from KTEC themselves, hope this helps :)

These mounts can be used on a Day to Day car, however, they are very stiff and will add a lot of cabin vibration and resonnance from the engine. Some people will find this to loud. The uprated mounts themselves do have a tendancy to do this to a lesser extent, but as these Race mounts are designed with little to no movement in mind, so a lot more of the engine noise will be heard. As always though things such as this are subjective and everyone will have their own view.

RenaultSport 182FF
so which ones did you go for mate

I haven't bought them yet, however i think its a no brainer and I will be going for the standard uprated ones (black).
Thinking about it the red ones may be to stiff and may end up doing more damage to the engine and gearbox seen as you will be applying it to factory components, its aimed at those nutters that put semi sequential gearboxes and uprated internal in them ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JSOrLBlu4s - thats the standard uprated ones and the engine movement is little to none :)

Hope that helps mate

Andrew