ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated engine mounts and the vibration it causes.

Right all,

I'm off to look at a clio 172 that has all the mounts and the dogbone polybushed and uprated. The seller told me there is a bit of excessive vibration, but what should I expect, do I need to take my steradent with me incase my teeth fall out?

Anyone on here running that sort of setup? Do the pros outweigh the cons?

PH1 172
got the mounts fitted to mine and yes there is a little bit of vibration at first mine has settled down now its done a few more miles but can still be felt ever so slightly. The drive is so much better though more reponsive and no jerkyness from the engine at low speeds.

williams 2,seat leon
i had a uprated one on the dogbone on the turbo, took it off after 2 days. didnt like it. depends if your going for stripped out racer or every day car to be honest

This will be an everyday car and I dont necessarily want to be cursing a vibrating piece of s**t............(why am i getting a clio then) lol in all seriousness though, has anyone actually got them and use them in everyday situations rather than just on the track.

Yes me. I maintain that they do not significantly increase vibration UNLESS THEY ARE FITTED INCORRECTLY!

Yes me. I maintain that they do not significantly increase vibration UNLESS THEY ARE FITTED INCORRECTLY!

If I bought said car, would you be able to check them and fit them proper without massive hassle, I'll throw in a signed cricket bat for your trouble ;)

Si

RS Clio 172
i love mine :) all knocking etc gone since fitting and there really isnt excessive vibration.

mine's a daily and has the full set. it doesn't bother me at all, although i think it depends what you're used to. have you run anything with uprated mounts before?

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I really wanted the Vibratech mounts for mines but ended up goin for the standards for now!

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
I had the dog mount poly bushes
and I fitted them wrong to start with!
Loads of vibration!
Then changed it and all sorted.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
^^ but they DO increase vibration, something for me as a daily I couldn't live with.

Brand new standards all the way :)

Coupe/Defender V8
I used them as a daily since November, after a week they bedded in so much that the vibration was unnoticeable. I maintain it's one of the best mods you can do under the bonnet

106 GTI
I didnt notice hardly any vibration on mine, but pulling off and changing gear felt loads better, no more jerky engine.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
JMS Fitted my full set and i get next to no vibration over the standard mounts, car is used every day and TBH I dont even notice the minimal vibrations.

I noticed mine vibrated a bit more for a few days, then it died down as the bushes settled.
Hardly notice any difference now, other than the engine stays in the bay during gearchanges.

172, 200 Cup
Have them and no longer notice the vibration due to a) settling in a bit and b) installing RSTuner which raises the idle slightly.

They cured the knocking I had when taking left hand corners hard and also make for a much more direct feel. My 172 is now a dedicated track car though.

Trophy #473
Even tho I just have a polydog bone I find the the vibration on idel with the A/C on unbearable! I find myself with my foot on the accelerator @ 1200 rpm!

without A/C on is ok but the dash/steering wheel does vibrate about 20% more than standard.

172, 200 Cup
Even tho I just have a polydog bone I find the the vibration on idel with the A/C on unbearable! I find myself with my foot on the accelerator @ 1200 rpm!

without A/C on is ok but the dash/steering wheel does vibrate about 20% more than standard.

I almost never use A/C myself (35+ days only). Grantham is in the UK isn't it? TBH wouldn't have thought you'd need it :D

Hi, I think we spoke on the phone Luke.... Its my brothers car.

Hi that's me :) yeah just wanted to find out what's what basically as this is one mod I've no experience with Still hoping to make it up Friday :)

O/t: notice you have a panda 100hp! Epic car!

ibiza cupra
ive changed my dogbone mount ones for some power flex jobbies and it vibrates on idle but driving it is fine.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
My car is a daily driver with all the mounts uprated. There's slightly more vibration on idle but the benefits far outweigh the cons. One of the best mods you can do IMO.