ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated engine mounts and bigger brakes?

A sexy one
Cars coming of the road soon for some serious modification, and I'm planning on uprating all the mounts is it true there's a special way to fit these lol? And how badly does this affect the driving of the car? Also I'm after biger brakes front and wouldn't mind bigger rears iv seen the megane front brakes fitted but the adapter brackets are costly to buy so does anyone no where I can get some for cheaper or even the measurements to make my own? And thirdly are bigger brakes on the rear unheard of?

172 cup, Impreza P1
Nothing special about fitting the mounts that I know of. I use the vibratechnic mounts which give slightly more vibration through the car but nothing that bothers me.

No point in larger rears. The standard ones hardly do anything anyway.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I haven't felt any more vibration after fitting uprated engine mounts,
I honestly don't know what people are on about. :S

Oh and they're just a straight swap pretty much.

big boost cup
I have one of these not fitted it yet though as i have yet to work out a place to put it. im also running the full vibratechincs mount kit

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
I'm sure I've seen a thread on one on here but cannot find it .. Iirc I think they've put it off the l/h top engine mount ...

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
There is one on a 172 thats being broken

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?651333-Breaking-caged-phase-1-172-vmaxx-ktec-OMP-etc

DSC_1058.gif

clio 182 sport
I have one of these not fitted it yet though as i have yet to work out a place to put it. im also running the full vibratechincs mount kit

Would be nice to know if they make any noticable difference, its the first i have heard of them :)