ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated Clutches

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Just changing my clutch over. How much worse in operation is the Helix paddle clutch than the normal organic one?

I am a bit of a girl and don't like snatchy clutches. The Helix up rated organic thing used to wind me up actually... was stiff and horrible to use.

Are there any other options?

car is a 172 phase 2 on ITB's and has a plated gripper diff if that makes any difference.

DMS

A thirsty 172
It's very VERY harsh at first. If you go from a standard 1*2 clutch to the Helix paddle clutch you'll probably end up stalling the car every 5 minutes for the first hour or so of driving (like I did).
It's very heavy compared to standard and the biting point doesn't become apparent until you've been driving it for a while. It almost feels like it's either on or off, with nothing in between.
That said though, after a few hundred miles they do loosen up nicely and are much easier to operate once you're used to them. I actually think mine feels pretty "normal" now, but when other people drive the car they still can't get the hang of it.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Looks like another Helix Organic it is!

thanks DMS

Shame... as the AP paddle on my Westfield is very nice to use.

DMS

A thirsty 172
It does handle the power and torque fine though.
I reckon it makes launching the car easier too.
Personally, I'd say don't bother unless you actually need one to run big power.

clio 182cup
Naaa....

Standard clutch is chip sh1t... I allmost brok the center of disc plate, and did damage diaphram springs...:approve:

i found out a LUK clutch kit. The pressure plate is amazing but disc plate is worse than Valeo...
i keep the LUK pressure plate and trying to find a disc to comlete the clutch:(

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
We can do a Kevlar clutch but the flywheel needs to be perfect or reground. The take torque no problem and feel just like oe. The downside is that if you are really harsh with the clutch all the time they will eat the flywheel

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I heard the one fitted to Ben-Stevo's car used to eat gearboxes! Oh wait, maybe that was just his flat to the floor launches LOL

Lionel Richie
helix paddle is excellent bar the price, bit of a mare in traffic, same goes for Alcon (clio cup stopped using Alcon due to "explosions")

Valeo Grp N is excellent, good luck getting one though (i can ;))

helix "limp wrist" is ok, i'm not a major fan though, does its job, can't do major abuse though