ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated cams for 182

RS RIP
Have to agree with you Maupineda there awesome cams for the price and there not regrinds there new billet cams for half the price fitted of everyone else! dont see why the 200hp mark is completely unbelievable either as i think ED said there test car made 206hp with cams exhaust modifications (182 manifold + exhaust) and induction kit etc. As didnt Henk map a car with C&B cams and a 182 manifold that was producing pretty much the same power as a stock 197 or 200? I think i remember reading a thread about it somewhere?
I cant complain about the idle though mines pretty sweet, ph1 ftw!

Yeah that would be mine.. Almost identical power to Henks 197, graph identical up to around 7000rpm after which the 197 still had a little more juice left. We were all very surprised .
Of all cams Henk has seen come by for mapping the C&B's worked out the nicest .. (inlets were also done btw!)

172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
Cams alone will obviously have an effect on the output of the engine, usually positive if the cams are ground correctly. The effect of the cams is to optimise breathing for a certain rev range at the expense of others. The cams generally available for the F4R seem relatively tame in the 270 degree range with minimal overlap so they arent too bad at idle and boost power relatively low in the rev range.

To really optimise cams the breathing needs to be addressed when why 428's on bodies can produce really good power.

Before heading down the cams route i think its important to get a clear idea of your end goals and what you want to achieve, if you want a revvy engine then a wilder cam would obviously be best and you can wrestle back the torque and idle using long bodies. It all has to be selected together imo and i would personally do the cams last unless the belts needed doing at some point in the process.

Renaultsport Clio 172
Franx, I have seen your numbers, and simply put, you have a car that is on the 200 mark if not just -+3. 172 to the wheels is 197.8 using a 15% loss factor, but clios lose more than that, around 18%.

ph1 172, berlingo
Prepair to be disappointed that's all I can say, been there so many times on the rollers expecting loads and getting little, na tuning is tough on the soul,

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Well on 428's custom mapped by TDF I gained 13.1 Bhp and 5.3 lb ft so there not pointless, just expensive!

Evo 8 MR
If I was to get cams it would have the be the roughest, wildest ones possible that would work with standard internals. Only because that would be the only engine mod I could justify throwing money at, I wouldn't be combining it with anything as everything else is silly money. So it would be a case of gaining as much as possible from a single mod.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
But if it's a daily driver you don't want a horrid hesitant car that produces all of it's power at 6k+

Low down it would be terrible, and the standard ecu will only just cope with 421's, you'd preferably need a standalone.

428's tick all the boxes for me and once I have ITB's if it hits 210 I'll be a happy man