ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upper engine mount question

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I've fitted a brand new Febi engine mount today. No problems its an easy job. However when comparing the two mounts side by side, the new mount seems to make the engine sit about an inch higher than the old mount.

Its fitted on no problem, and the engine doesn't seem to be sitting at a dodgy angle in the bay at all. Test drove and its fine.

Had the old mount collapsed, or is it actually the wrong mount that I've fitted?

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
I had a similar 'problem' when I changed mine even when I compared the new febi mount to a genuine mount. Once I turned the mount upside down it was clear to see the rubber had sagged. That was the original 100k miles old mount. It eliminated the harsh thud up front on mine.

The mounts drop overtime, i fitted a genuine one and compared the two the new one was higher, one of the reasons the exhaust manifold touches the ARB under hard acceleration.