ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrading Speaker Wire - Worth it?

Twingo Dynamique
So I have on order an FLI Underground 4 channel amp, and have sitting here at home the FLI Underground Comp 5 Component speakers... I've got some speaker wire on order anyway as I am going to put the old front speakers into the rear as it's a POV spec clio! :/ :L

I know its a bit of a PITA putting uprated speaker wire into the front doors, but will it be worth it?

I'm also mounting the new tweeters into the existing tweeter grills, as they do not fit the brakcets renault supply. Think it will look CRAP mounting in the little cups that they come with so that they face me more? or will the sound be improved enough for it to not matter????

Cheers for your opinions folks!!!

Twingo Dynamique
so from my amp, i should just run the speaker wire up to where to connect to the existing wires...?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I run it to the back of the head unit. Usually I cut the extra loom that most stereos need and connect it there. Means when going back to standard you just remove the look adapter and the wiring is back to normal again.

Twingo Dynamique
cheers mate... although as clios have tweeters as standard, wont that be going through a crossover... somewhere...? :L :/