ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgraded clutch for low boost, yeh or nay.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
I have spent the last couple of days reading about clutches for low boost...

It's a mine field, I read posts on here and on Facebook and there seems to be no correct anwser...

Many people say standard is ok then it goes over to last 500 miles definitely needed...

Then it gets worse when going for an upgraded clutch.. the upgraded ones makes normal driving hell to there fine you can't notice, then there is a bunch of people saying the ed clutch is a rip off or useless...

Is there anyone that has run a low boost for a good lenght of time that can give me an answer on what's best...

The car isn't a daily but I do drive it a lot and I purposely haven't went for poly bush engine mounts or the pms shifter or harsh coilovers because I like reasonable comfort, so I don't want a harsh clutch..... I also don't want to have to change a standard clutch every couple of months either,

The there is the flywheel what do I do with that I'm sure it's the original one with the engine so it most likely pretty worn should I just get a standard one or will a lightened one affect normal driving .

Thanks for reading my delima and any advice would be grateful..

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
I use the ED 5 puc paddle clutch in my low boost Monaco and it’s been no drama, it’s not a daily either. It can feel a little on/off/juddery in slow moving stop/start traffic but again it’s fine imo.

Listerine & Poledo
Previous owner slapped some fat, carbon clutch in my daily, to give it some chance of handling the extra boost.
I wouldn't say it's uncomfortable, or harsh, it just takes more of a push.

If it's clutch time for yo, slap a chunkier unit in, may as well. If not, stay with the stock grade kit for now and if it turns to dust in 400 miles, you'll know that the upgrade is worthwhile.