ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrade time (Surround Sound, Media Centres, Mac Minis etc)

I'm quite antiquated now in my TV/Media setup in my room (and my knowledge too if I'm honest). I have a fairly old Hi-Fi, a Samsung 933HD TV, a very Sony old DVD/Surround sound combi (5.1) and an Xbox 360.

TV - Normal Viewing in Stereo
Xbox - Hooked up to the surround sound, and also into the TV via Component
DVD/Surround Sound - so old, the it only does surround for the DVD built in and the Xbox.
Hi-Fi - never use it, just listen on my MacBook

So I was thinking, I might as well scrap the Hi-Fi and gain some room there. Then I was thinking maybe get a second hand Mac Mini and use that as a media centre somehow to play DVDs & Music. I could then hook that up to some sort of surround sound, that'll also do the TV.

Is that possible? Any recommendations?
Anybody using a mac mini as a media centre (might make an Apple chat thread about that yet)
Not looking to spend a fortune, the TV is only a baby for a start.

Right, looks like I need two RCA inputs. One for the media centre, and one for the Xbox. Thing is, nobody seems to list inputs online.

Also, pass on whether I can hook my TV up to surround sound.