ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrade my TV sound for £100

G51 BEN
Hi all,
Looking to get my dad a bit of a TV upgrade for his birthday.
I have a sensible budget of £100 and want to upgrade the sound with a couple (probably 2) small speakers that I can place elsewhere in the room. It's not a massive livingroom and we don't really have the TV on loud, but I would just like some decent quality speakers/2.1/soundbar style upgrade and wonder what people can recommend.
I'm not expecting the world for £100, but if I could get two small speakers with no wires or at least minimal wires then I would be happy.

Not got a clue when it comes to home cinema so any recommendations will be gratefully listened to....

WRX
Haven't got a clue on quality but Asda had a couple of soundbars within your budget. Think they were Polaroid and Philips.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Think a budget sound bar is all you can do with that kind of monies tbh

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Soundbars are pretty poo.
I would go second hand and get an old amp and some speakers.

WRX
Another option is maybe a stereo that you can connect the TV to. I did that a few years back with pretty good results.

G51 BEN
I was looking at the Harman Kardon Soundsticks which look quite good and have some great reviews

I use the Sounsticks III and they're brilliant. £49.95 on Hotukdeals too (I paid £80, b******s).

G51 BEN
Thanks for the help guys, I ended up getting a second hand Sony DAV DZ330 5.1 surround sound which is brilliant