ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

update , `MR CLUTCH ` thieves . please watch this vid and advice urgrntly needed.

Clio 172
A couple of weeks ago i posted that mr clutch had fitted a new clutch and cone for my ph2 clio 172 , and that it juddered like a b*****d in first pulling away , after argueing... yes argueing with them to look at it they told me to bring it in , so i did , got a phone call telling me that it was the bolts holding the mounting in place were broken and that it needed welding ... , load of bullsh.. well you know lol , then i phoned their head office , they told me that they would replace the clutch and i will have to buy a new clutch cable to illiminate that (32 quid) , so i hid a tag on the gearbox ( well a plastic rip tie ) .... got the car back off them with ` a brand new clutch ` fitted and they said it was much better ....... it wasnt , so i checked the rip tie and guess what ? it was still in tact . thieving lying robbing scumbags !! how can they look me in the eye and say that they had replaced it , i only dropped it off at 9am and they called me at 1145am to say it was done .

so my question is what can i do about this?

also i have a vid to show how much play is in the gearbox mounting , the actual mounting on the body is solid and tight but the rubber moves a little , im guessing thats normal but just wanted to check with you guys . please watch the vid .
thanks guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spj5zTPZjdc&feature=plcp

mike

53 Clio's & counting
Tell them you left that tag on, and believe they have not removed the box, and say as they have fitted a part that is not fit for purpose you want your money back - if not you will be contacting trading standards.

quite simple, so they shUnfortunately, this is the pitfalls of using a company with no experience of the model - a cheap nasty clutch was fitted I expect, where you really want a Valeo, and I bet they didn't line it up when fitted

Oh and the mount should be solid - that is not correct, I expect they have not fitted the mount correctly, it sits on a stud, and if the nuts are not done up correctly it will have play

Clio 172
the mount is solid , there is play in the rubber which i guess there should be , or is the rubber supposed to be solid?

Firstly - I would never have taken my car to "Mr clutch" lol - but secondly that mount is fucked.
It's only a 10min job to swap over - I'd probably get another garage to swap it and write you a little letter saying it's fucked and post it to mr clutch asking for money back
Though I'd also be concerned as to whether you got a new clutch or not in the first place lol

SQ5
Is the battery tray attached to the body?

Should be on bolt inside the tray, one near fuse/relay box, one behind and one in front of the tray.

That is from memory but they're all 13mm

Lionel Richie
judder has f**k all to do with the mounts, 2hrs 45min to do a clutch? piss off

Do i have to write you a Fred special report?

Clio 172
i would do mate , i have been told by the aa that the mountings are ok , and they would only couse judder in certain circumstances , however he said the judder would be in all gears , is this true?

53 Clio's & counting
It will always judder more in 1st, as that is picking up drive, where as the other gears there is much less stress on the clutch.

I still say clutch fault, take it to Fred

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Fred = hero.

Mr Clutch/National tyres/Nationwide/kwik fit and 99% of all the other franchises = Robbing cowboy b*****ds. Used Nationwide and national when desperate for simple things like ball joints and brakes and they even managed to f**k that up. They should just stick to fitting tyres.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
All I read was "I took my car to Mr Clutch" and then I started laughing... Knowing them, they've fitted the friction material backwards.

I can also believe they've tried to tell you they have done the job twice because generally they hire t***s with no experience or qualifications.

How much did you pay out of interest? I do the OE Valeo kits for £380 fully fitted and I'm keen to know how that price compares.

Mick

53 Clio's & counting
In his last thread he said he paid £390 Mick - though he said he went with them as you were fully booked?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Hmm, I can't remember anyone getting in touch asking to change a clutch on a Clio II recently but that said I've had a bit to drink today (guilty).

Thanks anyway... Hopefully he'll get his money back

Nissan 350z
Mr Clutch at Pentagon Island by any chance?

Personally id cut my losses and chalk this up as a lesson learned the hard way. They have already proved they dont know what they are doing and have lied to you i dont think complaining (again) about that will change it and id worry what else they might break in the process. Get yourself to Mick in Long Eaton or Fred in Brum to find out whats wrong then go back with ammunition.

Last edited:
Good morning Mike,

We are sorry that you did not receive the level of service that you should have at Mr Clutch. Please be aware that we take such information extremely seriously, and we will be following this up internally with the relevant branch and ensure that necessary action is taken if required. Please could you let me know if you have contacted our Head Office already? If not, please could you call me on 0800 676767 so that I can make a note of the details of the clutch fitting and the branch in question, before I speak with them directly.

Kind regards,

Sara-Jane Saunders,
Mr Clutch Customer Relations

Trophy Turbo :)
be interesting what clutch is in there, "may be" a Andrew Page special Drive master unit that they sell for £44 quid, that when i once had a clutch done years ago by a local garage is what was used and exactly the same symptoms, garage refitted a LUK and fixed the issues.

Its nice to see the company involved have posted on this thread, but its a dam shame the depot in hand are taking the Micky out of you.

If you need a Clutch i have a National Unit - £60 posted

330i. E30 Touring.
Agreed. Use a bunch of cowboys and it'll never go well.

2hrs 45mins is impossible. I did one in 3.5 hours and that was flat out. And I've done about 12 now! No ways are they going to be any quicker than that.

When you say you put a tag on the box, where was it? Got a picture of where you put it?

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
they always use relined clutches. i cant believe in this day and age that anyone would even consider it. a relined clutch might work in a mini metro, definitely not in a 170bhp hot hatch !

they quoted me 250 to do mine. sounded way too cheap to me so ran a mile.

Clio 172
i put it on the bell houseing round the back of the box mate .... tbh they couldnt of missed it as it was right on a bolt .