ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

up the power on my clio

clio 172 cup
im looking to up the power on my clio track car ......
just looking at the possibility's just now
looking at bigger injectors or going to a full engine transplant from a megan 225
looking for the pro's and con's and just general advice as to what way to go
thanks in advance .......

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
looking like the megan engine would be the best option

Are there not issues with size and/or gearboxes on this? Isn't that why people tend to turbo the original engine rather than fit the megane engine?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The F4R is already highly strung as it stands.

It'll cost you 4.5/5k to add forced induction in the form of a super/turbo charger.

It'll also compromise reliability, and cost more than you will imagine. Buy a fast car or learn to live with the fact that when standard and driven at 10/10ths, cannot be beat feeling wise.

clio 172 cup
Are there not issues with size and/or gearboxes on this? Isn't that why people tend to turbo the original engine rather than fit the megane engine?
im sure fitting the Megan engine isn't that hard to fit but im sure there will be someone that will put me straight on this

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
I've looked into it and fitting a 225 engine/box is not a lot of work tbh, but the problem I have is trying to find one, ideally a whole car but there still a bit pricey and if they are cheap they have a million miles on them, unless anyone knows best place to look?

Clio Sport 182
Sorry reviving an old thread. I have been looking at getting more power from my clio 182 too and have been looking down the super charger or turbo route too. there are a few companies who do turbos and i can only see k tec for a super charger. Clioturbo.co.uk are advertising a fit your self turbo kit for £2400 at the moment on a december special but they are holding their normal price of £3000 fitted so i cant see much discount there really. K tecs super charger is going to set you back over £4k but does seem a good bit of kit. Has any one owned a turbo clio/super charged and do they run well to them?

Jimyson did you ever do any thing to your clio? and if so what have you done and how did you get on with it?

thanks

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry reviving an old thread. I have been looking at getting more power from my clio 182 too and have been looking down the super charger or turbo route too. there are a few companies who do turbos and i can only see k tec for a super charger. Clioturbo.co.uk are advertising a fit your self turbo kit for £2400 at the moment on a december special but they are holding their normal price of £3000 fitted so i cant see much discount there really. K tecs super charger is going to set you back over £4k but does seem a good bit of kit. Has any one owned a turbo clio/super charged and do they run well to them?

Jimyson did you ever do any thing to your clio? and if so what have you done and how did you get on with it?

thanks
If you need someone to do the work for you then try Engine Dynamics, they've just announced 20% off on their low boost kits (230bhp) over the next few months and the total cost is around £2500 drive in drive out with a weeks turn around. I had my conversion done by them last December and it's still spot on.

Clio Sport 182
If you need someone to do the work for you then try Engine Dynamics, they've just announced 20% off on their low boost kits (230bhp) over the next few months and the total cost is around £2500 drive in drive out with a weeks turn around. I had my conversion done by them last December and it's still spot on.
Sounds good. I'm happy to do the work myself but if the parts and fitment don't have much price difference I'll just pay the extra. is it actually worth doing for the money it costs as I'm considering just selling up and getting a more powerful standard car like the Audi S3 which has a turbo as standard and is better on the pocket that'll this seems for the cash needed. I really want a faster car and want to know if the first clio upgrade is worth the money involved? thanks

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't bother to be honest, if you want a faster car then buy one.
Lots of people go for a Meg when the need for boost comes calling.

Problem is if you chuck 3-4000 at a Turbo conversion you won't see that money again, but you can go out tomorrow and get a decent Meg.
If you don't like it a week later you can punt it on for what you paid for it.

Clio Sport 182
I wouldn't bother to be honest, if you want a faster car then buy one.
Lots of people go for a Meg when the need for boost comes calling.

Problem is if you chuck 3-4000 at a Turbo conversion you won't see that money again, but you can go out tomorrow and get a decent Meg.
If you don't like it a week later you can punt it on for what you paid for it.
See I have thought this exact thing and spent weeks looking at meggys. looking at the 0-60 0-100 of the 225's its nothing in it comparing it to the 182. besides I love my 182 and I think they look far better than a megane too! I did think about getting a scrap 225 from a write off and doing an engine swap. are they virtually bolt off bolt on with a little bit of messing around or are they a right pig to do? I did read somewhere ages ago they are F4RT engine? so I can only assume the mounts line up?
Thanks