ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unrestrictive filter setup for 330bhp

clio 182
Hi, im going for more horsepower and have been told to expect around 320bhp once ive had the new engine work done. i was looking at dimensions and capable bhp stats for each size and it looks like what i currently have will be restrictive. The pipe from the air filter is 60mm i believe, will i need a larger diameter pipe or should i just stick a bigger filter on the end?

Thanks

clio 182
So il need to buy a larger pipe to the turbo then and then put a larger filter on? The pipes 60mm i think at the min. No point me stickin a huge filter on if the pipes ID is small or am i gettin this wrong??

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
What's the inlet to the turbo? 60 odd?
Get a pipe that size or similar and stick a cone filter on the end of it

172 cup, Impreza P1
So il need to buy a larger pipe to the turbo then and then put a larger filter on? The pipes 60mm i think at the min. No point me stickin a huge filter on if the pipes ID is small or am i gettin this wrong??

I had a 60mm to 75mm 45deg silicone elbow on my megane 225 setup but now the gt2860rs turbo has a 75mm inlet so I now have a 75mm elbow.

I might have the old elbow somewhere if you're interested. It's blue by the way.

clio 182
I have a gt2860rs so il need a 75mm bend, 75mm pipe and larger filter? The filters ive been looking at say a 75mm ID fitting and 200mm x 200mm is good for 320bhp so that sounds spot on?