ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Universal Throttle Body

RenaultSport 172
Well I have to say that looks the nuts!
I recently followed Russ' guide on cleaning the throttle body on my ph1. The throttle used to stick etc. Cleaned it up real nice, and lots of WD40 in the spring etc and the idle has actually got worse! Now it gets stuck at 2000 revs. I got under the bonnet while it was doing it and had to force the wheel back into position. Not had time to find out whats making it stick yet.
Would be tempted to buy this ebay one and be the guinea pig but £31.99 shipping is a bit too frustrating.
And would it really give any extra grunt? I doubt anyone would notice

Clio Phase 1 172
Well I have to say that looks the nuts!
I recently followed Russ' guide on cleaning the throttle body on my ph1. The throttle used to stick etc. Cleaned it up real nice, and lots of WD40 in the spring etc and the idle has actually got worse! Now it gets stuck at 2000 revs. I got under the bonnet while it was doing it and had to force the wheel back into position. Not had time to find out whats making it stick yet.
Would be tempted to buy this ebay one and be the guinea pig but £31.99 shipping is a bit too frustrating.
And would it really give any extra grunt? I doubt anyone would notice

I doubt it would give more grunt as the entrance to the plenum isn't much bigger than 60mm. I think the cheapest i've seen on there is abou £60 delivered.
​I have the same issue as you with the body sticking :(

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
The size of the TB will not change anything as the opening to the plenum is would still restrict the airflow. Even then, I don't think it's a restriction until about 250bhp.

TBH, I wouldn't bother with that as it might look good but will no doubt need loads of work to fit and is probably quite poor quality.

Just find a standard item.

Clio Phase 1 172
The size of the TB will not change anything as the opening to the plenum is would still restrict the airflow. Even then, I don't think it's a restriction until about 250bhp.

TBH, I wouldn't bother with that as it might look good but will no doubt need loads of work to fit and is probably quite poor quality.

Just find a standard item.

Any ideas where i can get a new standard one from at a reasonable price? I've not had much luck getting a good second hand one.

​Cheers