ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

universal spacers and sprigot rings?

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
would universal spacrs work with sprigotrings to make the CB 60.1? ive never seen either so i could be wrong, are sprigots bigger?

jason

As a general rule the spigot rings set the center bore of the wheels, and the spacers set the offset of the wheel from the hub.

After market wheels will have a much larger bore than required, the spigot ring fits in and matches the bore of the hub, you can get kits with these in for most wheels from halfords.

universal spacers do the same job whether they fit the bore of the hub or not, if they don't' its just a b*****d getting them on when you pout the wheels on if you don't have studs

Last edited by a moderator:
£36 isnt that much although I agree it's alot more than they will have cost to make. It's a small price to pay compared with what can happen if you run a set of wheels with the incorrect centre bore without them.

The issue I have with "universal" spacers is they are normally poorly manufactured cheap tatt. They can cause no end of issues when fitted that you just dont get with a good quality set that are made for a specific application. If your middle names are "heath" & "robinson" then crack on but I'd suggest you give them a wide birth.

Yep..it isnt much when you consider what they do...but its so annoying paying that much for something you know only cost about 50p to make.

£36 isnt that much although I agree it's alot more than they will have cost to make. It's a small price to pay compared with what can happen if you run a set of wheels with the incorrect centre bore without them.

The issue I have with "universal" spacers is they are normally poorly manufactured cheap tatt. They can cause no end of issues when fitted that you just dont get with a good quality set that are made for a specific application. If your middle names are "heath" & "robinson" then crack on but I'd suggest you give them a wide birth.

Ran one wheel for best part of a year without a spigot ring before i figured out where to get a set from.....the fitting kit for halfords includes 16 wheel bolts too btw, so its not £36 for 4 bits of plastic, but i've stuill got most of the kit sat in my garage lol......worst that happened to mine was a slight vibration through the steering wheel at higher speeds....obvously not ideal....but not the end of the world.

Last edited by a moderator: