ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uniroyal RS3

2004 Racing Blue 182
Is it just me, or am I missing something with these tyres?

Everyone raves about them, but I’m finding it really difficult to get the power down. At first I thought it was the road surface, but I find them skitting across the road even in straight lines!

May need to try something else.

Had Goodyear Eagle F1 assy 3s on the GTI and they were great tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
They do feel a bit strange at first , up the pressures a couple of psi. Plus they need a few miles to scrub in . I'm on my 4th set , previously RS2's . The wear rate is shite , but they stick like s**t to a blanket in the wet .

2004 Racing Blue 182
What pressures are we talking here guys?? What should I be running the Turinis at??

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've been using them on my "normal" cars for the past few years. I run the pressure high though.

I wouldn't rate them as a "performance" tyre so to speak.

They really don't like the cold weather in my experience, mine where lethal when down the 3mm on cold salty roads. TBF my new AD08R's aren't much better. The RS3's are great in the wet when not bitterly cold and I've done a few laps on track with them and found them pretty good, you cant do more than a couple of dry laps though as they start to melt very quickly when pushing on.

Is it just me, or am I missing something with these tyres?

Everyone raves about them, but I’m finding it really difficult to get the power down. At first I thought it was the road surface, but I find them skitting across the road even in straight lines!

May need to try something else.

Had Goodyear Eagle F1 assy 3s on the GTI and they were great tyres.

All summer tyres drop in performance when the temperature is below +7°C.
The rainsport 3 is no better than the top performing tyres in the wet but a lot worse in the dry.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
They are average in anything other than sodden roads with standing water, outside of that they are OK, better than your average non branded ditch finders, but not much. The RS3s are also worse than the RS2s by a noticeable amount. I would slightly argue with the above in that they are they are slightly better than Michelins/pirellis/contis in very wet conditions.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I liked them on the civic.

I even considered them on the clio but ended up going for conti premium contact 6 which I assume are cheaper still than ps3/4.

Epic in the wet and dry.

Had the traction control light shouting at me today but it was greasy and snowing. First time that’s happened since I had them fitted last year.

2004 Racing Blue 182
I get the traction control light coming on if I boot it in a straight line! I'm putting it more down to the shitty roads than the tyres, but don't thing the tyres are helping!

RB Clio 182
I think i got about 3k out of my fronts, then swapped fronts to back and got another 3k’ish, so around 6k out of a set of 4.

PH2 172
Same. They were proper bald though.
More or less the same.
3500 on the front, then swap them to the back, where they remained an advisory (shoulders as neg camber) for MOT on successive MOT`s with an 8K interval.
I got through a pair on the front in the mean time, and am now moving their replacements to the rear with again 3.5k, and putting a new pair on the front.
Rinse & repeat.

I honestly don't see the point in running RS3's for 6k miles when you could just get a premium tyre like the conti and have them last twice as long and they are better in every single department and don't cost double the RS3.